Chapter 35

"It's  tomorrow and I haven't gone shopping." October whined as she packed some clothes into her travelling box on her bed. "The worst thing is that none of you will be with me for this reunion." She said to Jennifer who was filing her toe nails on October's bed.

"How did you do the passport? You look like you have zero cash." Jenny said matter- of - factly.

"Mummy already made all the necessary documents for me. She insists every single year."

"Mummy's child." Jennifer teased her.

"I'm my mother's child of course. I'm accepting it so she does not get sad that she is not doing anything for me." October explained.

"What about the cost for living there for a whole week? Can you afford it?" Jennifer asked.

"I'm barely using my own money. It's already settled. Aaron will take care of my feeding, Uyi will take me shopping when we get there and Kcee will drive me wherever I want to go." October nodded.

"It pays to have a lot of people that will do anything for you." October paused. "But seriously eh, the person that planned this year's reunion on an island in the Philippines is mean."

"Well technically, you are all rich so you can afford it. Thank God I didn't attend British Royal with you spoilt kids." Jennifer said.

"Except me." October said and continued packing.

"Yeah, except you. You're not spoilt anymore because technically, you've got nothing." Jenny said and shrugged.

October turned to look at her.
"Wow, what a complement." October said, her voice laced with sarcasm.

"Anyways, when you get there, don't keep quiet for Jessica." Jennifer said, as if giving her a life advice.

"Don't worry about that. If she tries me, I will show her what I am made of." October said.

"What? Plastic?" Jenny asked and was rewarded immediately with a smack on her head by October. Jennifer chuckled.

"I mean I will trouble her if she troubles me." October said.

"And make sure Damien falls for you." Jennifer said, laughing.

"Jennifer!" October smacked her again.

"What?" Jennifer shrugged. "You guys should stop wasting time and get to the climax of your story. Boy hates girl, girl hates boy, boy then likes girl and girl likes boy too. What else is there?"  Jennifer asked.

"Boy is engaged." October said and shut her box as she had finished packing.

"Oh so you are admitting something?" Jennifer wiggled her eyebrows. "It's evident. So have you told him you're going?"

October nodded slowly.

"Yes?" Jennifer stretched herself on the bed after she was done with her toe nails.

"No." October admitted.

**********

"So...." Damien started looking up from his laptop to finally gaze at October. "You want a leave from work?"

They were sitting opposite each other in his office.

"Yes, sir." October nodded. She was so nervous.

"For what reason exactly?" Damien asked.

"I want a sick leave sir." October answered.

Damien rose an eyebrow.
"You look perfectly fine to me Miss Obiakor."
Deep down, he wondered if she was really okay.

October cleared her throat.
"I'm travelling for heart surgery, sir."

She shifted in her seat and low-key said 'God forbid.'

"Miss Obiakor, you do realize that I know the reason you want to take a leave right?"

"Sir, it's not what you think. You do not know." October cleared her throat.
At least he would never know since he never came for their reunion.

"How long do you intend on leaving?" Damien asked, rubbing his temples.

"One week."

"It's going to be deducted from your salary."

"Okay, oh." October murmured, nodding.

"Will that be all?" Damien asked.

"Yes, sir."

"One more thing, lose the 'sir'." Damien said. "And about last week...."

"That will be all." October quickly stood up, interrupting.

"And Miss Obiakor," Damien called. She looked at him.

"See you in the Philippines." Damien smirked.

A/N:

Ahhhh😱😱
Our first chapter is almost 500 reads! Thank God.
I hope you enjoy this one 😊
Happy birthday to the July babies out there. My momma's one of you guys so feel special 😂😂. God bless you all💗💗💗😘
To all of you adding this book to your reading lists, I see you. I see you voters and comment givers.
I love you so much.
Read, enjoy and stay blessed!