Year 2// Potions Essay

(1806 words)

"Hannah, please let me see your Potions essay!" You pleaded.

Hannah smiled smugly as she continued to eat her lunch.

"You didn't let me see your Charms essay, so you can't see my Potions essay." She smirked.

"B-but that was months ago!" You wailed.

You had detention with Snape just before lunch, so you hadn't been able to do your Potions essay yet, which was due after lunch. Snape would surely take off house points if you didn't hand the essay in, and he wouldn't take your detention with him as an excuse for not completing it.

"You're so useless Hannah." You grumbled whilst shoving some pasta into your mouth angrily.

Justin laughed, before offering you his help. "You can look at my essay if you like," he offered.

"Justin, no offence, but you're just as bad as me at Potions, so I'm good thanks." You replied bluntly.

Ernie snorted at your comment, clearly agreeing with you, and Justin turned to his friend angrily. "You're supposed to back me up!" Justin whined.

You finished your lunch quickly and hurried off to the library, almost falling off the moving staircases since you were practically running.

You had forty-five minutes to write your essay on Flobberworm Mucus and its uses in potions. It would be tight, but hopefully you could do it. You quickly flicked through the pages of your textbook, Magical Drafts and Potions, but to no avail. There wasn't even a sentence on Flobberworm Mucus and now there was only half-an-hour left. You would have liked to have a breakdown at this point, but you decided against it, since you simply did not have the time.

You frantically rushed to the Potions section in the library, glancing through the several aisles of books, before giving up and sitting on the floor, accepting your fate. Snape was going to be angry, but there was nothing you could do at this point.

"I should've looked at Justin's essay..." you mumbled, face palming and lying on your back on the floor in defeat.

"What the hell are you doing?" You heard someone say above you.

You would have liked to prolong the inevitable, but eventually you moved your hands off your face and opened your eyes. Staring down at you was the infamous Draco Malfoy. Of course it's him.

You immediately jumped up, attempting to cover up your embarrassment. Obviously this was a stupid move, since you practically felt the blood rush down your body making you feel a little dizzy.

"Heh..." you laughed, regaining your balance and finally looking at Draco, who, by the way, was still staring at you.

"Again, I must ask, what the hell are you doing?" Draco asked, his eyebrows furrowed as though he was actually confused.

"Oh, I, uh, have a Potions essay due in like," you checked your watch. "Twenty minutes, and I have nothing and I can't find any books on it..." You were evidently very stressed.

"Is this the Flobberworm Mucus essay?" Draco asked.

"Yeah. Why did he even set an essay on it if there isn't a single book with information about it?" You said bitterly, looking away from Draco and instead at the rows of books surrounding you, trying to see if you could spot a book that's good enough.