The Training, Night One

- I S L A - C A R L -

"Qualified." I mutter under my breath as we walk away from the no beat up Clyde. With the bigger group of Careers, the trainers were too scared to intervene in our fights. All they'd do was yell at us. I had shifted my anger back to Colt.

"Yeah, I hate him." Nich grumbles. "But even if we wanted to do something about it, we're outnumbered."

"As if that matters." I say, letting out my anger by snapping one of Clyde's broken arrows. Clyde sits up on the tile ground, holding a piece of tissue under his nostrils to keep the blood from gushing. There was a cut under his left eye. He wouldn't ignore us again.

"No, really." Nich continues. "Willow and Roux are indifferent, and Abbie is with Colt. 4v2."

"Awfully bold of you to count Abbie." I say, laughing menacingly. "3 to 2 at worst. Willow could be swayed, I think."

"Whatever." Nich says. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

"Attention, all tributes!" I hear from the front of the room. We walk around and group up with the other Careers, as Willow had already gone back. She didn't want to get in trouble for helping us beat up Clyde.

"This marks the end of the first training day. Tonight, we have a feast for all tributes to join. Meet in the Victor's Cafe at 8:30. Attendance is mandatory.

"Tomorrow will be your second day in here, and also your last official session. The day after, we will be doing evaluations and the following day, interviews. After that is the games. Be ready, the others won't slow down to make room for you."

The man walks off the podium and we all start to funnel out of the room. The group of us Careers was pretty tense, due to earlier. Nich and I were really angry, and I was already thinking about a coup of sorts. Not that we'd be swapping leaders, he isn't one to begin with.

We all split up, and both Nich and I get off on the fourth floor. We had an hour before that feast, so we walk back to the room and do our own thing. For Nich, it was chilling on the balcony and throwing things at pedestrians below. For me, it was planning. This game couldn't be much different than my first.

Seriously, how could Colt claim to be the most qualified? I had survived these games before and came back for more. Oh, 'qualified' is rich coming from him...

INTERACTIVE QUESTION: Mossleap thunderlightning12 Do you plan to team kill Colt in the games? If so, how do you do it?

- A B B I E - T O R R E S -

My tears drop onto the bed covering in my room. I could see some angry Capitol people yelling at someone above that was throwing bagels or something at them. I had no idea who it was, and it didn't matter.

The word "useless" rings in my head, echoing. I wasn't useless, was I? Sure, I may be in over my head, but was I really that bad? I couldn't. Nich and Isla were dicks from the start, but I couldn't forget about what they said.

     Suddenly, my door opens, and I look over agitated. It was Colt, looking in and concerned.

     "Maybe y- should knock." I stutter, sobs lacing my speak. He looks down, embarrassed.