Night 5: Funneled

- A B B I E - T O R R E S -

     I awake to Sounds in the north. Trees were rustling, and I shake Colt's shoulder. "Colt! Wake up!"

     He grunts, as I stand and grab my expanding blade. Then, a creature emerges from the trees. It was.. horrifying. It was a long necked, huge bird with razor sharp teeth and glowing yellow eyes. It was looking straight at me.

"Oh no.." I mutter. "Colt, Colt. We need to go."

"O-ok ahhh!!" He screams, getting out of the bed and collapsing from his leg. He hadn't been sponsored, and his leg was still broken in all the places. "Abbie, I can't!"

I run out, trying to find Nich. He.. wasn't there, though. He said he was taking watch, but he had abandoned it. His pack and weapon were gone too. He fucking abandoned us. That prick.

"Damnit, yes you can!" I say, running back inside and trying to hoist him up. He begins to scream, though, and I can't. I was only twelve.

"Abbie, take the sword." He says, handing me the heat resistant glove. My eyes widen as I realize what he's doing.

"I'm not leaving without you." I say, getting my sword out. "We can fight it. It's just one."

But it wasn't just one. I could see so many eyes now. They were growing in numbers, but walking over slowly. "Abbie, take the goddamn sword!" Colt repeats, holding the glove out.

"No-n" I begin, but I'm interrupted.

"That's the only way you're getting out of here, Abbie." He says, handing me the glove. "Now get it and fucking go."

I wipe my eyes, realizing he's right. Roux was out there, and no one stood a chance against him alone. I reluctantly put the glove on, and grab hold of the sword. It was hefty, but good enough.

I walk past him and look back, seeing him nodding at me while grabbing a knife. "Go." He says, sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say, crying a bit.

"Me too." He replies, and I run south. I hear the cannon a couple seconds after, and I stop running. I begin bawling, seeing the mutts hadn't even reached the horn yet. He killed himself.

This was Kayden's fault. He broke his leg, and he was still alive. I'd end him and make it out, proving everyone wrong. He'd be on the end of this sword, fate wills it so.

- N I C H - D E S R I -

I hear the cannon, and I shutter. I'd ran away after they'd both fell asleep, knowing that Colt would just be a deadweight with his broken leg. I felt really bad about Abbie. She was annoying, but I always had a soft spot for her. I couldn't shake it.

Maybe that was why I was such a jerk to her. It could've been Isla egging me on, but I didn't care. I wanted her to make it out. She was only twelve, and made a mistake. I hoped she could learn from it.

Either way, I win. If she dies, so be it. Kayden would hopefully be taken down by Roux, but Luke, Pan, Kasi, and Sephora were an interesting bunch. They'd all kill each other, I hope.