Night 3, Pt 1: Death Still Arrives

(Bit of a longer chapter than usual.)

- A U B R E I G H - W H E A T L E Y -

Well, I hope this works. Elisa wouldn't be ready for this.

What, did she think I was stupid or something? I wasn't about to trust Elisa. I had family to get back to, and even my hesitance to kill wouldn't stop me from eliminating her. So I could survive.

I load in a poison tipped dart, seating it and readying myself for what was to come. I had to go through with this. I really had to. To take away some tension, I braid my hair quickly. It was pointless, but it could help ease myself. Killing wasn't my forté, but determination was going to beat compassion.

     I get up, slinging the blowgun. She probably wouldn't bat an eye, since everyone had their weapons on them 100% of the time. I tiptoe over, trying to get a peek before I walk in. He door was slightly cracked, so I look inside.

     There she was, on the bed, stringing her bow. I could tell by her body language, she was preparing herself. Perhaps I had struck first. Thank god. I back up, and knock on the door. She drops her bow, before walking up and opening it. She was smart, giving herself plenty of space.

     "Hey." She stutters. "What's up?"

     "Could we talk?" I ask, and I could tell she was tensing up. I needed to be a bit more friendly. "Please?"

     "Y-yeah, sure." She says, opening the door and letting me walk in.

     As she turns to walk to her bed, I aim my blowgun and fire. The dart strikes her in the neck, and she recoils in pain. She looks back in horror, and I start to tear up. I don't know why, she was my enemy.

     "A-" She starts, but her mouth begins to foam. Her veins were turning black, and she falls onto her bed. She was dying quickly.

     "I-I'm Sorry." I mutter, crying. Over it, though, I hear the distinct sound of a trap go off downstairs. Shit.

- L U K E - G R E E N -
(15 Minutes Prior)

Let's get this bread.

I had been much to docile this game. It was time to kick it up a notch.

I had watched from afar as Elisa and Aubriegh teamed in the mansion. I could kill them both right now, with my sword, but I wanted to be flagrant. Especially after killing Danny, I had to redeem myself.

I sneak forward, towards the mansion. I could faintly see Aubreigh inside, upstairs and braiding her messy hair. Her night was gonna get much more lethal.

     I circle the mansion, trying to keep as quiet as possible. One thing my dad hadn't trained me for was stealth, but I made up for it in combat. That was also gonna get upgraded tonight.

     This mansion held lots of weapons. I knew it from training, and my Scythe had to be here. The question was, how long would it take me to find it?

     I enter a basement door, it loudly groaning on the hinges. I would've asked for a more silent entrance, but I'm in. Nothing could stop me now.