Night 1 Pt. 2: In Arms

- A U B R E I G H - W H E A T L E Y -

     I open the door to the front of the mansion and slam it shut. I had used a map I had found to find the research station, but it had been occupied by those which I didn't think would be very welcoming.

I had taken through the paths, where the mansion had come into view. All I hoped was that I hadn't run into a trap. I draw my utility knife, ready in case someone had taken this place before me.

The inside of this place was really nice. There was this massive foyer I was standing in, with double spiral staircases in front of me leading to a second story. Three different hallways were in front of me, and to my sides.

I choose the left one, walking quickly. There were multiple doors on either side. I walk into one, seeing a big dining room. A kitchen could be seen to the left, but it was really dark inside and hard to make out.

I throw my bag on the table, holding my knife close and sitting down. I had been walking for the whole day. It wasn't helped by what happened to Cass. Oh god.

I was really alone, now. No one would take me in, they would think that I'm too weak. Cass was the only one that 'got' me. Whatever. I knew if I dwelled on my chances, they'd plummet. And, more depressingly, if I dwelled on Cass, I'd take her fate.

I wipe a single tear from my eye, grabbing my bag to find a place for sleep. I really needed it if I wanted to keep going for tomorrow.

Alleny-Reads2002 After sleep, what is Aubreigh's plan?

- D A N N Y - L E G O N D A -

I wake up in the middle of the night, grabbing my trident. Whatever had woken me up could be a threat. Maybe even my growling stomach.

I had gotten most of the pantry here killed within the afternoon, but apparently it wasn't enough. I grab my rolls with my other hand and stand up, with the wood below creaking. I trudged out of my room, to the pantry.

The best thing that was there was a nice key-like pie. It wasn't refrigerated, but it was good. I grab a pie and go to flavor town on this bitch. Just as I get past my second slice, I see some subtle movement outside one of the windows. I stand up, grasping my trident even harder.

The door busts open, and I throw my trident. It impacts Into a wooden shield, sticking in, and the shield is thrown to the side. It was Luke Green. Fuckkkkk. I throw my pie, hard as it was, and it slams into his face. He grunts, muffled and blinded by limes. I slowly run to my trident, grabbing it again.

He gets a slice on my excess fat, which earned a scream from me. I jam my trident against his sword, as he rips the pie off of his face. There was little bits of lime on his face, and he was angry. Great, I'd pissed him off.

He slices again, and I'm unable to dodge it. I scream again, blood running off. He takes the time to grab his shield, and I try to use my trident to stop him from lifting it up. I put my weight on it, but it was a bad idea.

His sword comes up and gets a clean slice right on my throat, bypassing my fat. A small hole is opened, and I scream. I had to beat him before I bled out.

I grabbed him with my weight and shoved his face into my fat. He screams and tries to stab, but I am already out of the house and walking to the water. I slam his body down into the sand and grab at his throat, throwing my whole 400 pounds into it. He gasps, looking at me in horror.

Then, his sword pierced my chest and goes through the back. I howl in pain, falling into the water on top of him and losing consciousness.

- J A Y - B R E O S O N -

     "Well.. shit." I mutter. I had been surrounded by three Careers, those being Nich, Abbie, and.. Colt. He had the sword. Jesus Christ, why me?

     "This is.. unexpected." Abbie mutters.

     "Let's take him out." Nich laughs, pulling his sword and inching closer. I pull out my utility knife, ready to throw down if I had to.

     "Wait!" Colt exclaims, and Nich looks at him, confused. "Maybe we could use this to our advantage."

     "What?" Nich Asia, frustrated. "No, let's just kill him and be done!"

     "He knows where the mechanitards are." Colt points out, and Nich pauses. Abbie smiles, and looks at me. "Come with us, Jay."

     I knew it wasn't a suggestion, rather an order. I follow behind regrettably, knowing that I couldn't beat them. There was no way. I didn't even have my special weapon. I had engineered that knife - why did the Capitol not give it to me?

     We eventually reach a clearing, which I recognize as a Cornucopia. Roux walks out, and Nich pushes me in the middle of the Careers. "Where are Isla and Willow?" Abbie asks.

     "In there." Roux says, pointing to the Cornucopia. His voice gave me the chills. "Either spooning or making out."

     Colt laughs, taking the sword and flicking a switch. The center of the blade lights to a bright red, and some steam starts to blow from the handle. Suddenly, a big heat wave comes from the blade and slams into the Cornucopia. I could see the air distort around it, and the two Careers come out in a fury.

     "What the fuck!" Willow mutters, seeing the bow. She and Isla were annoyed at best. "Really?"

     "Dick." Isla mutters, glaring at Colt. "You realize it's, like, 100° F in there now?"

     "I knew it'd get you up." Colt says with a laugh. "Look who has arrived." He says, pointing the blade at me. I could already feel the heat coming off of it from 5 feet away.

     "Oh, the one that tipped us off." Isla replies. "I remember him."

     "Why did you make me come here?" I ask, and Colt walks next to me with a smile.

     "You are going to get your knife and kill all of the Mechanitards." Colt replies, looking right at me. I consciously make an effort to maintain eye contact. "Do we have a deal?"

     "Y- yeah." I stagger, and he looks into my eyes for a couple more seconds before revealing a slight grin.

     "Good." Colt says, and Abbie hands me my HS-TK: Heat Seeking Throwing Knife. It was bulkier than other knives, especially at the handle, but it needed to be for the miniature rocket boosters to fit. It was a masterpiece of design. "I want to see their heads in the sky by Day 3."

     "Y-Yes." I mutter, and Roux makes a hole in the crowd for me to go through. I walk out, sweating and nervous.

     "Oh yeah." Willow mutters. I turn around and see all six looking at me. "Don't disappoint." I turn back around and run as fast as I can to the west.

     INTERACTIVE QUESTION: HungerGamesFan298 What does Jay Do from here?