Night 4: Preparation

- J P - HEAD GAMEMAKER -

     I smile as I see the results of the day. The games had dropped to just nine tributes remaining, and everything was going quite well. But, there was still work to be done.

     The nine were spread across the arena pretty thinly. The big arenas were nice at first, since they made separate fights in the early game. However, the endgame wasn't as exciting. I needed to push them together, and I had a nice tool up my sleeve.

     "Let's push them back together." I say, cracking my fingers.

- BIG INTERACTIVE -

     With the conclusion of this story comes the final set of choices, and the funneling of tributes.

     Australia once took part in an Emu War, and because of it, is exactly what will cause this war of nine tributes. The Capitol has created Emu Mutations, turning them into hulking, ravenous creatures. Definitely don't want to tango with them.

     They will be moving across the arena from Day 5 all the way until the evening of Day 6, when the final showdown will take place.

     Here is a map of the Tributes and pathing of Emus:

The Emus will make it to the first blue line by next chapter's end

They will make it to the second blue line by the end of Night 5.

They will engulf the rest of the arena by Day 6 at Noon, but will be prevented from entering the safe zone, which is the southeastern peninsula which had the mansion on it. This will be where the showdown take place between the remaining tributes. The ground is now rocky and barren, so don't expect to find food in the rubble.

Now, the tributes are all sleeping. JP has decided not to announce his plan. Each solo (or alliance) will need to know what is to come in order to survive.

Send advice (1C) to warn them of what's to come.

The level of danger for specific tributes is the following:

Pantone: Extremely High
Kasi: Extremely High
Sephora: Very High
Kayden: High
Nich: High
Abbie: High
Colt: Medium
Roux: Medium
Luke: Low

- - -

Also, the games are coming to a close, and so will the choices with it.

The next two chapter's questions will determine the winners of the game. Day 6 will hold no questions, so plans can't be changed at the last minute. Sponsors will close then, too.

The sponsor shop will be holding a special Day 5 sale before it closes for good. May want to take a peek.

Now, with that all out of the way, let's get a POV on Ike.

- I K E - P I N T O -

"Everywhere I go, I think of Asher." Mackenzie says, as I sit down with some cups of water. I hand one to each person, before sitting down. "The fucking Capitol murdered him, just like they did with My boyfriend years ago." She was obviously holding back tears at this point. The room was filled with an awkward silence before she spoke again.

"So, why are you all here?" She asks. "I mean, Lyka said people are on your tail, but what's going on?"

     "We're trying to get to the Gulf of California." Tender says. "Now that we're being hunted, we needed to lay low for a bit."

     "Slow down." Mack says, sipping her water. "You're potentially bringing the Capitol here?!"

     "They May knock on the door, but they have no pro-" Lyka begins.

     "If they find me, they'll kill me." Mack declares, terrified. "They've been trying to find me for years. I can't risk them coming here."

     "Then, you should come with us." I suggest, and she looks at me. "Join the resistance. It's more opportunity than hiding out here the rest of your life."

     She thinks this over, mulling around in her head. Lyka and Tender exchange looks, and Maddox lays back in his chair. Sarah takes a sip of water.

     "I've always wanted to take them down." Mack says, standing up and pushing her chair in. "I'll be right back." She walks through the back door and shuts it, walking into the yard.

     "We'll get the car ready." Lyka says, dragging Tender along. "You Three Wait for Mack. Help her if she needs it."

     "Gotcha." I say, and they walk out. I turn to the other two. "You can help them, you know. If you want, that is."

     They nod and walk out towards the same door Lyka and Tender just exited through. Once they leave, I look outside of the house. Mack was kneeling in front of three gravestones in the backyard. One was for Asher, one for her old boyfriend, and the last was for her brother Cristian.

     I look away as she stands up. A couple seconds later she walks through the back door, shutting and locking it. "Cristian and I restored this place, you know." She starts. "Until he joined the others in the graveyard."

     "I'm so sorry." I say, sort of weirded out how nice we were to each other. We had been meant to kill each other just three years ago. Now, we were on the same side again.

     "Don't be." She says, opening a cabinet and pulling a weapon out. It was a Tac. Mk0, the crossbow she used in our Hunger Games. "The Capitol will be."

Short chapter, I know. The next four will be big and impactful, though. I promise.