Day 2: Left

- I S L A - C A R L -

I wake up in the Cornucopia horn, facing the back of Willow. I quietly stand up, brushing her hair off of my face first. I was really stiff from sleep that night. No clue why.

The events of yesterday flood back. The Bloodbath, all the stuff last night about the sword, Sticking Jayden on the Mechanitards. All of it. I still wasn't sure if that'd work. He could have totally scammed us.

Colt having the sword was another thing I was uncomfortable with. It was too much power. We could still beat him, together. Willow and I. But at what cost?

I stand up and walk outside, stretching in the sunlight. The island was really nice, as long as it wasn't trying to actively kill us. I look back, seeing Willow again. Soon enough, yeh light would reach inside and light up her beautiful figure.

But there was one thing missing. The Paper Blade. Roux had left it on a side table by his area of rest. He had taken up watch sometime in the night, and I could faintly remember it. It was a really fuzzy memory, though.

I look at where he was sleeping, no Roux. At the top of the horn, no Roux. He was nowhere to be seen.

     "What is it, love?" I hear from Willow. She stands up, stretching and walking over to me.

     "Where's Roux?" I ask. She looks at me, shrugging her shoulders.

     "I was asleep too, silly." She replies. "Oh yeah, wait.. where's his sword, where.. what?"

     We walk around the horn, with Nich getting up and following. Colt and Abbie follow a minute later, all of them curious at what we were doing. Us two finally stop, and Nich asks what we're doing.

     "Roux is gone." I say. They look in shock.

     "What do you mean?" Nich asks. "Was he killed?"

     "Roux can't die." Abbie says. "He's Hades for crying out loud."

     "You're right." I say, feeling the table where he had his sword. "He left."

     "But why?" Colt asks.

     "He saw something no one else could." Abbie says.

     "But what?" I ask.

- R O U X - H A D E S -

     Civil War.

They were all doomed to fall, and I wasn't going to wait for them to take me down with it. The way I figured, I was the best in this game. I didn't need dysfunctional Careers slowing me down. Even with that sword Colt had...

I would crush him.

Just like I was before, u was my best teacher. Not a group of trainers or allies. I hold up my paper blade, catching sight of a scene in front of me... at the Campground.

- P A N - M E R C I E R -

     "May not be the hardest Hunt." I begin, holding one of the squirrels that Kasi and I had caught. She held the second one. "But it's what we could manage."

     "I think it went well." She says, holding it up. "Smell could be better."

     "True." I say, as we near the campgrounds. I didn't get the nerve to say it, but something was wrong. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was, but something was most certainly wrong.

     It's confirmed when Kasi walks past a tree, tripping some kind of rope. I hear snapping in the tree, and the rope on the ground constricts. It tightens around her ankles, turning her upside down and hanging her in the tree branch.

     "Ahh!" She gasps, dropping her squirrel. "Okay, What the fuck?"

     I hear something from the rest of the grounds, and I try to cut her down. The rope was too high up, though, and the footsteps were approaching quickly. I draw my knife as I see Clyde Murphy turn the corner. He had a knife as well.

     He grabs his bag harder, his eyes widening as he turns to run. He gets stopped in his tracks as.. Roux Hades.. fuck. He turns in front of Clyde, and backs him into the clearing.

     He notices us, wielding his sword and looking darkly at us. I'd have to climb the tree slightly to free Kasi, and then we'd get away successfully. If I was quick enough. But then, our supplies would be all gone. We'd have to steal Clyde's bag to get them back, which I could catch. I'd have to leave Kasi for that, though. I couldn't beat Roux, but I could maybe beat Clyde.

     INTERACTIVE QUESTION: QuintexQuota yolly_thelolly What does the duo do?

     INTERACTIVE QUESTION: Mossleap What does Clyde do?

- K A Y D E N - B R O E S O N -

Maya had just woken, as we lay under the tree line. I had sacrificed a lot of time to help her, but without medicines her hand wasn't getting any better.

     I could kill her right here. Quite frankly, she was useless to me. I would love to just slit her throat wide open. While I could just leave her to die, I want to make sure I do it myself.

I grab her spear, ignoring her question of what I was doing. She starts to move as I plunge the sword at her. It lands between her legs, and she punches me with her good hand. I backhand her and punch her injured hand, earning a loud scream.

I pick the spear up and shove it through her neck, and she looks at em In terror on her dying breath. "Yeah, the spear is a good weapon." I say, taking it out and kicking her corpse to the ground. The cannon goes off, and I laugh.

Now then... do I get my Hammer or Hunt down Verí?

INTERACTIVE QUESTION: HungerGamesFan298 Do you go stealth and infiltrate the Cornucopia to get the War Hammer, or Hunt down Verí, or something entirely different?

- K I L L - L I S T -

Brittany Jackson (D12) by Willow Linnia (D2) with Combat Blade 🗡

Ellie Tyson (D6) by Roux Hades (D2) with Paper Blade 🗡

Cassandra Sallas (D10) by Kayden Broeson (D6) by Combat Blade 🗡

Louis Dexter (D10) by The Trial

Danny Legonda (D12) by W a t e r

Maya Farden (D8) by Kayden Broeson (D6) by Spear