Day 6: Prelude

- K A S I - P L A N E T T -

"I can see them." Pantone says, and I look back. The emus were nearing the coast, and soon they'd be upon us. Luckily, we had moved past the lighthouse and were now on our way to the safe zone. It had been clearly marked with a ring in the sky, and the emus had sped up.

Fun times.

"Hell Yeah." Pan says. I look back, curious at what he was referencing, but then I saw it too. 3 sponsor packages falling our way. We walk to their drop point for about a minute, and I couldn't help but giggle. They'd finally sponsored us with stuff. That meant that they thought we had a chance.

Pan's drops first, and I see that it's a Flammenschwart, his weapon of choice. God, I'd hate to be on the blade's end of that sword. That weave could carve into things it shouldn't be able to.

My two sponsor packages land, and I inspect them. One had a survey drone, which Pan promptly used. The other had a map of the arena with my position. The most impactful item, though, was a metal boomerang. It looked more like a glaive, but that was even better.

"Hot damn." I say, holding it up and testing it. It revolves around a mound of rocks, cutting a plant, and then flying back to my hand. As it flew, spikes protruded. They retracted as I picked it up, though. There was some serious tech in this 'rang.

"Made for you." Pantone says, stabbing a plant. When he pulls it back, a whirlwind of branches and leaves rips out inside. I could only imagine how that would feel when you're stabbed by it. I cringed.

"What's on the drone?" He says, handing me the tablet to control it. I fly it towards the safe zone, and see a fight about to happen. Roux and Kayden could be seen under the canopy of trees, and they hadn't noticed each other yet. It wouldn't take long, though. Then I see Abbie.. fuck.

     "She's got the Flame Sword." I say. Pan's eyes widen.

     "Who?" He asks.

     "Abbie." I say, and he sighs.

     "That could complicate things." He replies, before returning to admiring his sword.

     I look a bit longer, seeing another drone in the air. I fly it towards it, before crashing into it. We both lose our feeds, and I can see the two plummeting back to earth on the peninsula.

     Pan laughs nervously. "That was funny, but probably not to the sponsors."

     "I think they'll forgive me." I say. "I just want to know who else had that drone."

     "No matter." Pantone says, pointing towards the Safe Zone. That's a fight.

     Roux had definitely found Kayden. They were charging each other. That got me thinking.

     "Roux's our biggest threat." I say, trying to convince Pantone. "With Kayden's help, maybe we could take him down. Roux would have killed or severely weakened Kayden, so it could work."

     "Or fail horribly." Pantone says, looking at it. "But that's the only chance we've got. We can't go around. The only way is by a rocky wall on the cliff." He says, pointing. "I'm not risking that."