The Training, Day Two

- K A Y D E N - B R O E S O N -

I wake up, hearing beeping all around me. Some shuffles happen as I open my eye, and a sweltering pain was in my head. I cringe from the pain, and I realize where I am.

I was in the Capitol Infirmary. Apparently they had one in the Tribute Center, which surprised me a bit. A nurse comes by, and starts speaking to me.

"You alright?" I hear. I don't reply, and she starts recounting last night's events.

"You nearly sent Leo to the hospital after jumping on Brittany, with a damaged ankle, in the pool." She begins. "Then, Verí came and provoked you. He blinded you with fruit, and you fell back and hit your head."

"Th.. at.. b..itch." I stutter, sitting up.

"To get you back in the game, we've used advanced medicines to cure your concussion." The nurse continues. "If you win,"

"When I win." I correct her arrogant ass.

"Right." She says. "Those medicines will cost you two thousand of your victory money."

"Oh, fuck." I mutter, and stand up. "Where is Verí?"

"Well, he's banned from training today." The nurse says. "So you will go to training. Try and take it light, we don't want you being injured again."

"Yup." I reply, walking out of the room and towards the center. I was gonna kill that bitch Verí for even bringing up my mother. You don't do that. At all. His whole alliance will feel my wrath. They're nothing but nerds.

INTERACTIVE QUESTION: HungerGamesFan298 How does Kayden respond to last night's incident and how will it affect the games?

(Also magic medicine is epic)

- R O U X - H A D E S -

I look at Kayden entering the center, fuming and angry. I had heard of last night's events, but not personally witnessed them. I didn't care for a swim, I needed to prepare.

Nich And Isla had seemed to ease up on Colt, even though it wasn't mutual. Willow And Isla had been getting a little close, and it was a huge surprise. Abbie, as always, was showing little promise.

"So then." Colt says. "Anyone up for a challenge?"

"What is it?" I ask in my naturally deep voice.

"Who wants to go up against the trainers?" Colt questions. Everybody seems to get excited, even Abbie. That was surprising. "Then let's do it."

We head to the training booths while the District Fours relay last night to Colt and I. "Man was mad as hell and trying to show off. Jumped on that District Twelve girl."

"That's fucked." Colt says. "Let's get him."

"Agreed." Isla And Willow say. "Let's shut him up."

We enter the training stations, and I go into the CQC Aisle. Colt goes in the one right next to me, and the fight begins. Holographic Trainers come out, ready for combat.