I never want it to end

(Haven't updated in four days and I'm so sorry about that! Been extremely busy with school! Will update soon! THIS CHAPTER WASNT AS GOOD BUT THE NEXT ONES WILL BE BIG, DEPENDING IF I INTERVENE ANY NEW CONCEPTS)

"I don't know what to think..." I frown as I sit on Jasper's couch, taking in everything he's told me. "What do you mean? You should be happy! The troll is finally going behind bars, Emmy!" He grins but I shake my head, "I know... But what happens when he comes out of jail? What is he going to do?" I ask in dismay, my head fumbling with possibilities.

"He's not going to touch you, Emmerson. I promise you." He tells me calmly, taking my hands. I look into his eyes with uncertainly, "Is he going to be there? Will Max be in court?" I question in fear. Jasper nods solemnly, "Yes, I think so. But we first need to trial with victims, relatives and judges, not including Max. It's for police beneficials, they just want to find all evidence. -Safety precautions." He verifies, squeezing my hand comfortingly.

"I don't want to be in the same room as him. I'm begging you Jasper, please." I beg him but he shakes his head, "No. You have to be there. Judge needs to hear it come from your mouth." Jasper explains, causing me to wince from the words I didn't want to hear.

"I don't want to face him. I already have him in my nightmares, I don't need more pictures..." I say weakly, causing my brother to sigh sympathetically, "You don't have to face him. We can hire guards to surround you so he can't even look at you. That motherfucker doesn't deserve to be even a centimetre close to you. But we need to get our justice, and if it means we need to be in the same room as him, so be it. That's what we'll do." Jasper preaches.

I'm a little worried, I don't know what I'll do if I see him. How I'll react... But a larger part of me is happy that he's going to jail.

Then a thought crosses my mind.

"You said that we are trialling a court with relatives and victims. Does that include Carol?" I ask, mentioning my mother. Jasper grimaces but nods, "Yeah."

"Is she coming to New York?" I ask but he shakes his head, "Actually... We're going back to Rivendale."

"What?" I shriek in surprise causing Jasper to wince at my outburst, "What do you mean 'we're going back to Rivendale'?"

"After Max realised you were here in Everex and your mom was back in Rivendale, he said that he wanted to make amends with Carol. He left a few days after you left. Except you came back here before you two could see each other...? Or did you see him?" He asks, a little puzzled.

"No. I never saw Max. Hunter and I had a little...problem... And I came back literally two days later." I say, realising how stupid it was to take so many plane flights.

"Do you think Max made amends with Carol?" I ask suspiciously and Jasper shrugs, "It doesn't matter. He's going to jail anyway. It wouldn't matter if they decided to get back together or not. I don't fucking care."

I nod in agreement, feeling slightly better even though the thought of Max being with Carol again is disturbing.

"So we're leaving in a week to go to Rivendale?" I clarify, "Well four days, to be precise." Jasper corrects me and I sigh in annoyance.

I guess I have four days left with Zero until I leave back to Rivendale for who knows how long-

Wait a second.

What if Hunter and I run into each other?

Worry sweeps over me quickly as my heart accelerates.

"Emmerson? You okay?" Jasper questions and I nod and slap on a smile, "Yeah, I'm alright. I have to go. See you soon." I say quickly and scramble up from the couch.