Envelopes and Necklaces.

(VERY SORRY for the five day late update >:( very angry at myself for not trying harder. Please forgive me ! :”(

IMPORTANT NOTICE: LEAVING OVERSEASE FOR THREE WEEKS, CHANCES OF UPDATING DURING THIS TIME PERIOD IS A 15 PERCENT POSSIBILITY. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE A LIFE TOO AND I CANNOT ALWAYS SPEND IT ON A KEYPAD. PLEASE DON’T GIVE UP ON MY BOOK, I. WILL. BE. BACK.

I. WILL. BE. BACK. SOON.

THE NEXT CHAPTERS (IN THREE WEEKS TIME) WILL BE THE MOST INTENSE YOU WILL EVER HAVE READ IN THIS BOOK. PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THIS ONE! (SIX PAGES :0))

“When do you leave?” I ask Hunter, my words muffling against his damp shirt. He smiles sadly, “Tomorrow morning.”

I gasp and retract out of his embrace, “You’re leaving tomorrow?”

He nods, “Yep. I might as well, right? I don’t really need to graduate High School if I have a scholarship for art. Besides, I really can’t be bothered staying here for another two months to do our exams. I just really want to open that gallery as soon as I can before my sponsor decides she prefers somebody else.” He chuckles eagerly, I can literally hear his happiness oozing from his hanging words.

“She?” I question.

“Yeah. Alex. She’s the person- well, my sponsor- that gave me the scholarship and the new gallery. Isn’t it great? I get to start over. I’m really excited.” He beams.

I audibly gulp, “Oh.”

“But if I leave Rivendale, I can’t help but feel like I’m leaving you, too. And I can’t do that. I could never do that to you.” He tells me honestly, his smile slowly slipping down his face as he becomes more serious.

“I want to go with you, I really do, Hunter,” I begin, his expression brightening but then suddenly faltering, “But…?” He asks.

“But I… I just can’t. I have relatives and friends here… I just can’t leave them behind.” I bite my lip, intensely fixating my eyes at the ground in the hopes to prevent my pooling tears from falling.

I really am sensitive.

“Really Emmerson? The only relatives you have here are your brother and your mom, but he goes to University in New York and you don’t even consider Carol as your mother. Your only friend I can really think of is that guy Brody, but then he goes to New York too. The only thing you’re really giving up are the memories that Max made. And they aren’t even good! So why the hell are you so insistent to stay in a place that offers you no happiness when you could be with me in Seattle, having a great time? A great future. A great… everything! Why Rivendale? Why not Seattle?” He asks angrily.

Seeing him pissed makes my stomach bubble with rage, “How dare you! You think it doesn’t hurt when you throw things at my face like that? Well, it does! Yes, I know my mom is a fuckup, yes I know Jasper lives in New York, away from Carol and myself. Brody isn’t even my friend, for that matter! And for your information, I do have friends! I have Thea, I have Beaula, I have Zero and I have my housekeeper, Maria! I may not be popular, and even if we did somehow switch our statuses, you have absolutely no right to just throw my life story in my face like that! It hurts Hunter, it actually hurts!” I scream at him, earning plenty of curious glances from random citizens.