Just Not Right

Regardless of my double post on Monday, I've decided to stick with my schedule and post today as well.
.......

Jimin saw Jungkook walk out from the backroom of the café. The younger male had his brows furrowed in concentration. Jungkook looked worried about something and Jimin wanted to know why. He let the nice waiter know that he had found Jungkook and ran up to the counter.
"Kook" he mumbled coyly. "Miss me?"

Jungkook whipped his head around. Upon seeing Jimin he let a small smile play across his lips, but worry was till present in his features. He glanced around before leaning in to whisper in Jimin's ear. "Let's go outside to talk, so we have some privacy."

Typically, Jimin would be beyond excited to hear words like that come from a handsome man. But something about Jungkook's tone of voice told Jimin that he shouldn't get excited just yeah. "Yeah" he said. "Let's go."

Jungkook cleared his break with Hoseok, hung up his apron, and lead Jimin out the door. "Follow me. There's an alleyway over here where we shouldn't be bothered."

Jimin nodded and they both made their way to the corner of the building. The small alley was half shaded from the tops of the buildings, but sunlight cut through the alley brightening the small space.

Jungkook leaned back against the wall dragging the toe of his shoe in the dirt. Jimin watched for a second before leaning against the wall next to the younger. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"You know what we need to talk about."

"I know the main topic. I just need you to feel me in on the logistics." Jimin huffed.

Jungkook moved to stand in front of the elder. "It's Maddie."

"What about her?"

"She exists."

Jimin chuckled under his breathe. "Oh really- I thought she was just a figment of your imagination."

"Jimin" the younger deadpanned. "Stop trying to be funny."

"I'm not."

"Oh yeah. Sure." Jungkook scoffed. "Your sarcasm isn't helping anything right now. I'm trying to say something here and I can't because you're acting like this."

"Like what? I honestly don't understand what you're getting so worked up about." Jimin shook his head, reaching out to rest his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "If you want to say something- just say it."

Jungkook looked down at Jimin's hand on his shoulder. He debated shaking the older off, but he let it slide. His hand was hot, Jungkook could feel it scorching through the fabric of his shirt. The smaller man's touch sent tingles through Jungkook's body. He just wanted to lean in and pick up where they had left off. He wanted to pin Jimin against the wall, slide his hands up the older man's shirt, and latch their lips together. But Maddie kept popping up in his head.

"I just keep thinking about her- is what I mean."

"When we were-"

"No! No. God no." Jungkook shook his head, lifting his arm to press his hand against the wall- next to Jimin's head. "When I let myself sink into you- that's all I think about."

"So the kiss was good?" Jimin chuckled.

"Yes, but that's not the point."

"Well what is it?" Jimin said, looking up to meet Jungkook's eyes. "What's your point, Kook?"

"I feel horrible" Jungkook sighed. "She thinks we just had a fight. She thinks that I went home, but I went upstairs. I got drunk. I-" Jungkook leaned in, stopping himself from finishing his sentence. He braced himself against the wall, looking down at Jimin. "I just can't do that to her."