Grow up

Jimin glanced down at his phone as it buzzed for, what seemed like, the hundredth time. It was Yoongi. Jimin tapped on the message and rolled his eyes as he read.

Cal's Daddy- Dude are you alive? I haven't heard from you in like a month.

Jiminnie- I'm alive. You can come over if you need proof.

Jiminnie- Cal misses you anyway

Jimin hit send before sliding down deeper in the couch cushions. Cal was currently curled against his side gently purring in her sleep. The little calico made his heart warm and even Jin cooed as he looked over at the sweet feline.

"You know" The eldest sighed. "You never did tell me where you got her."

"Did to" Jimin chuckled. "A friend gave her to me."

"Yes..." Jin drawled. "But you've never told me which friend."

Jimin giggled to himself as his phone buzzed again.

Cal's Daddy- I'll be over in a bit and I'll bring child support 👍✌

"He'll be here in a bit." The younger noted. "You can meet him then."

"What!?!" Jin dramatically gasped. "You're finally going to, not only tell me about, but let me meet this mystery friend."

Jimin laughed. "Jin, it's not that big of a deal. Yoongi's a good friend, I just wanted to make sure he didn't turn out to be an asshole before you met him."

"How'd you meet him?"

"Bar."

"Oh, yeah ... that makes sense." Jin chuckled. "So ... is he a friend or one of your special friends?"

"Well" Jimin thought for a moment. "He started out like that, but now he's just a friend- well we've occasionally hooked-up, but we also just hangout and talk most of the time."

"So" Jin pondered. "He's your friend with benefits?

"He's, who's, what?" Namjoon groaned as he shuffled into the living room. Jin smiled, reaching up to pull his boyfriend to his side.

"Good morning, handsome" Jin cooed. "We were just talking about Jimin's friend with benefits."

"Which one" Namjoon quipped. Jin shot him a glare and he grinned in response as Jimin began laughing into his hands. "I have a point though, don't I?"

"I don't have that many friends with benefits ... and typically not for long" Jimin sighed. "They get too attached and it all gets messy. But Yoongi's like me. He doesn't want all the drama of a relationship and we can have good conversations."

"Do you have anyone right now?" Jin interjected.

Jimin looked up thinking for a second. Without realizing it, he had stopped responding to all of his usual hookups. He hadn't been going out or inviting anyone over. He hadn't been when with anyone since the day Jungkook asked for space. The younger had lept up from behind the counter that day, after Maddie stormed out. He said he was sorry for what she did, but that he needed time to work things out. He needed space and Jimin gave him a wide berth. "No" he said. "It's just me."

Jin gasped mockingly. "My Jimin- has stopped hoeing around?"

Jimin shook his head with a small smile. "No. I just haven't felt like doing anything. Maybe I'll break my dry spell tonight though."

As if on que there was a knock on the door. Jimin glanced over and called out that the door was open. "Where's my baby?" Yoongi chimed, as he rounded the door. Cal perk her ears up and let out a 'merow' has she ran into Yoongi's arms. "Haha there's my girl" he cooed as he scratched behind the calico's ears. She purred loudly nuzzling her head against the man's hands.