MARCO

Lorenzo

"Well I don't give two fucks if he wants to see me or not. I just know that he is in some deep shit and I have to know what it is" I seethed to the officer who sat in front of me, looking scared for his own life. Uncle patted his back for comfort, but it didn't seem to help his situation.

"Look, I came to Italy for a reason. I have a business back home and people are depending on me. I know that my familia is capable enough to find him alone, but I have called you here to tell you that our men will enter Milan and to let them enter peacefully. There will be no chaos as our mission is quite harmless", I explained the situation as I rubbed my beard. The police in Milan had always had tight connections with the family and knew about our business. However, after the family split a few years ago, we moved to different places in Italy. We had to, in order for the business to grow. My father, The Mafia King, went to England to sell the drugs made in Italy. After his passing, I was crowned the next leader and forcefully had to settle in England too. I had a brother, Marco, who was supposed to be the heir of the family. Things didn't go as planned in England and we all had thought that he died along with my father. It was exactly eight years ago, that I was sent a letter from someone anonymous with a picture of Marco. He was older and I could clearly see the similarities between us. I wondered why he had escaped from the family to never come back home. He hated the business and our lifestyle, but he didn't have to abandon me. He was my big brother, not the other way around. Since a really young age, I had been exposed to violence. My father training and beating the shit out of me to be the best and hardest man ever. He had been the leader and knew what it took to make one. In the past eight years, I grown up to be a monster, but I still sent my men to search for Marco all over England. It was the day I heard the mention of Marcos death that I hastily decided to visit home. The family bond was strong in Italy and every cousin and uncle gathered in Venice to make the plan of sending their men in the cities they were responsible for, to search further. The women in our families were held away from the things we did, due to the cruelness. Death, beatings, drugs and that was nothing they wanted to be exposed to either.

It had currently been two weeks since I had been in Italy and Milan was the last city left. I was beginning to lose hope, visiting the gym every day to let out my anger and frustration. I had talked to Scar and ordered him to catch the driver of the missing van. It was now one week since that phone call and I hadn't got any update yet. I was growing frustrated. Even if I knew that one van of drugs wasn't that serious, I still knew that in our world, it's a big deal. Its defeat and loss. And Lorenzo Moretti doesn't lose. Ever.

"We can make that a deal, Moretti. No fighting, guns, bombs or gang violence in the streets of Milan. I am an officer by law and can loose my job over this" the officer said looking at me, to which I nodded.

"I knew I could count on you" I heard Uncle say from beside the officer, knowing too well that I wasn't a man of nice words. Unless they were for Bella.

The officer stood up as uncle walked him out. I leaned back in my chair as my thoughts wandered. Bella. Just thinking about her made me soft. The time here in Italy made me reconsider my actions in England. She was scared and I can understand why. Heck, I had nearly killed her friend in front of her. Not saying that what I did was wrong, it just shouldn't have happened in front of her innocent eyes. I just wasn't that good with ladies. They were pure and...soft. And I am the opposite. It feels as if I will break her when I touch her. not even that, but she doesn't like me. Why doesn't she like me? I can be violent, but then again she hasn't given me a chance to be different. I had asked her out and she declined.

"Thinking about your lady, son?" I heard the same familiar voice utter, to which I shook my head.

"Diego told me everything. He said she's beautiful and funny. He told me that they are friends now, he hangs around her and her friends. I must say that I am happy for you son. Your aunt will be so excited and relieved at the thought of you having someone dear"