THE BEAST IS BACK

The room went silent and the petite girl sitting across me, flickered her gaze to my finger and then up at my face again. I was, as usual, sitting with my blank face and hard gaze. She gulped loudly, making my heart swell at the thought of her being scared of me. It took her a moment before she talked again;

"How does it feel now that she isn't in your life anymore, Sir?" she whispered, as she looked at me with an unknown emotion. Was it pity or panic? I couldn't tell the difference. I looked up at the ceiling as I twirled the gun in my hand. It felt weird to hold it with only four fingers, but I was getting used to it. The girl was looking at my every action and I almost saw as she cringed looking at my hand. The wound hadn't healed, by the look of the bloody bandage. I should probably take care of it better.

"Empty" my hoarse and strained voice boomed in her living room. The screaming and crying had taken a toll on my throat, feeling it ache when I talked. "I don't know where to go from here, you know? This past week has been...hard and painful. Everything I look at reminds me of her. Her standing on the table in her room. Her smiling to customers in the cozy café. Her trembling underneath me from pleasure. Her sleeping peacefully on my bed. Her cooking me food and taking care of me when I am sick. Who will take care of me now?" my voice broke at the end, begging me to stop talking.

The terrified girl in front of me looked as I took a big gulp of the beer in my hand. She tapped her foot against the floor, showing signs of nervousness. Her face, however, wasn't showing any signs of her real emotions. She looked at me with confusion.

"Why don't you go back to tell her that you are sorry? You love her, remember?" she asked me, furrowed her brows slightly.

"Nah, it's too late" I answered, taking a gulp of my beer again.

"It's never too late, sir" she immediately spoke before she could think. Her eyes went wide at her own courage and she cowered back in her chair. I shook my head at her, licking my lips; "Quotes like that only belongs on the wall, framed in one of those fancy things" I told her, making a movement of my hands to explain what I meant. She nodded, looking away;

"You think too low of yourself, sir" she muttered, loud enough for me to hear. I chuckled at the joke, seeing her face holding sincerity. I scoffed at her; "I don't like liars, remember?" I taunted her slightly. Using her own line at her.

"You are a good man, sir. You have helped out many-" She started her pitiful speech before I cut her out; "Who?". She looked away for a moment before building up her courage to look me in the eyes again; "You helped me with the money that day. I am using it for my degree. You helped your brother, Diego and the gang guys you have told me about for the last few hours after you barged in with a gun. Not only that, but you helped the girl you loved. She told you that you had been her savior" she explained softly, scared to watch me flip if she said anything wrong.

"She also told me that she wouldn't leave me, but she did. People lie, kid. That's the reality of the matter. It's good that she fucked out of my life. She is the perfect example of why a man like me can't fall in love. It just doesn't happen in my world. Am I bipolar, kid?" I asked, seeing her shudder at my statement.

"I-uh, you know that I am not a psychologist, right? I am only a student" She whispered, looking down. I nodded, looking at the stacks of books behind her. "I know" I answered, sensing her whip her head to me. "But I am preparing my departure, so I thought of visiting you first" I told her, smirking her way. Her eyes were fixed on my lips and when she looked up at my eyes, she flushed red because she got caught.

"Can I offer you a drink?" she asked as she stood up from her chair. She was breathing quick, her chest rising up and down in a quick motion. I shook my head and tapped her chair with my gun, telling her to sit down. She did in a swift moment, looking down at the floor again.

"I am going to vanish, Vanessa" I told her, hissing out her name. It burned on my tongue, who didn't like bearing another woman's name on it, other than Bellas. "Poof" I said, making an explosion with my hands. She furrowed her eyebrows at that, biting her lip as if she was holding back. I raised my eyebrows for her to spit it out; "What do you mean?" she spoke instantly.

"I will vanish into thin air, kid. Move away from this town, city and fucking country.  As if I never existed. I will become the nightmare she will stay the nights up for. She won't know what hit her and when. I won't be there and then she will realize that I loved her more than anyone else. She will compare every little fucker to me. As for me, I will find happiness by doing what I do best. I will drive my drug company to the top. Now that I don't have anyone to get better for, I will go all out. Every boundary crossed, sweetheart. This will be the rising of the Morettis" I seethed at her, watching fear cloud her eyes.

"How?" she whispered to me

"I will start by finishing the people who has ever crossed their paths with me, so my name doesn't get uttered by any other person than her" I answered her, standing up from the chair. I looked at her as she followed my lead and stood right in front me. It felt weird standing in a strangers living room after threatening her and barging into her house with a gun. It felt...nice. I finally felt like myself.

"But you love your family-" she started until I cut her of again. "I wasn't talking about my family. Now, say goodbye to the world" I spoke, while showing her a pearly teethed smiled before pointing my gun at her heart and pulling the trigger in a swift motion. Her body landed on the floor, blood puddling around her body. a chuckle escaped my mouth. I bent down to kiss her cheek.

"Sleep tight" I whispered, before walking out of the little apartment that she had made hers. I had done her a favor; she was about to fuck up her life anyways. I saw the wedding ring on her finger. Stupid people.

As I walked out of the student apartment, I raised my chin and straightened my posture. I patted the gun in my waistband, smirking evilly. This is it. With a clean slate and no one recognizing my face, I will lead my familia to the top.

What do they say again? The saying? Oh yeah, the beast is back bastards. No bastard, tho. That part is solely me.