Broken hearts

Today was the day. Lorenzo woke up earlier than usual because he couldn't sleep. His heart had ached at the thought of giving away his amore to her brother, he was being selfish. However, he told himself that she had promised him. she wouldn't leave. She loved him, right?

While Bella was sleeping away peacefully, Lorenzo was standing in the office with his men. They were all in their business attire. Black suits and blank faces. While he sent one of the girls to wake up his woman, he ushered the other women to hurry up. Lorenzo looked as beautiful as ever. His skin was glowing, looking tanner with the contrast of the white shirt. He had gelled his hair back and it looked darker than it had before. He liked it though, he looked more intimidating. He couldn't keep still and the gang noticed. They were confused as to why their capo was nervous. He had never been before. However, they had their trust in him still.

Bella walked down the stairs after a while. Her blood red dress, making her look like a painting. Lorenzo looked away because if he looked at her any longer, he would not let her go. She looked like a dream. He could hear the family approach Bella and talk about something he didn't care about. Bella had noticed Lorenzo looking away and felt a pang in her chest. Was he behaving like this because he didn't love her back? She cursed herself for telling him that she loved him.

She shook her head at her thoughts and reminded herself of who she was. She was no idiot that would sit and cry because of something so petty. She would tackle the issue like a boss bitch. She took long strides to Lorenzo until she stood right behind him. "Where are we going?" she asked him, as she purposely eyed his cousin. Lorenzo followed her sight and instantly stood in front of her, blocking her view. She internally smirked at the reaction but showed no emotion to him. "We are going to get Marco from the other gang" he told her, not wanting her to be angry with him. "I am not going" she firmly said, before stalking away. Lorenzo held her wrist and pushed her flush to his chest. She could feel his muscles from underneath his shirt and was reminded of last night. He had been brutal.

"You are coming and that's final" he whispered to her, looking at her with venom. She was taken back at that but didn't cower away; "I don't want to go". Her words meant something else to him and he shut his eyes, when he felt his heart clench at the words. "Don't say that again amore, my mind won't be able to win against my heart" he told her lowly, before kissing her. Bella was confused at his behavior but decided not to say anything. He had waited a long time to finally have his brother, she thought as she kissed him back. When they pulled away, everyone was already downstairs and ready to leave. Bella blushed from embarrassment, but it went away quickly when Lorenzo held her hand and walked towards the door, the rest of the familia following right after.

The car ride had been so long, and Lorenzo didn't allow there to be music in the car. Bella looked as he held the steering wheel hard, his knuckles turning white. His jaw was clenched and firm as if he was grinding his teeth together. His posture was firm too and completely stiff. Diego and Sila sat on the backseats, completely silent. The air was tight, and everyone had noticed Lorenzo being off. Bella stretched her hand to his face, lightly gracing her fingers to his jaw. Lorenzos face softened at her touch and Diego secretly smiled at the sight.

"I like your stubble" Bella spoke for the first time through the whole ride. Lorenzo nodded his head and held on to her hand, kissing it.

"I like you" he responded without thinking, watching Bella smile up at him. The smile that reached the eyes. She pecked his cheek and laughed when Sila coughed awkwardly.

Bella leaned forward, trying to fix the music. Lorenzo looked at her longingly, but she shrugged in response. "Its three against one" she sassed him, as she pointed to the boys in the back, who were looking outside the windows looking miserable. They didn't want to face an angry Lorenzo and decided not to agree with Bella even if they were dying from boredom. "Pluss, music eases the nerves babe" she told him, switching through the songs. Lorenzo chuckled, pulling her closer by the neck to peck her lips. Bella snickered, swatting him away.