XX

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 20
Saturday, November 24
~~~~

"So I got some information on where he might be," Kelly said into the phone

"You did?"

"Yeah, apparently the judge ordered him to a halfway house in Missouri City, Better Living Halfway or Living Better, I know it's better something," she said.

"Thank you so much, Kells, I'll love you forever."

She laughed, "Whatever, just make sure you find this nigga."

"I hope so."

"Good luck, I gotta go now I'm on the clock. Love you!" she quickly said before hanging up.

I closed my lesson plan book and slid it in my teacher bag. I was at the University of Houston to get settled in my classroom and to start working on lesson plans. I was replacing some professor so I was now teaching cognitive psychology, the scientific study of mental processes such as attention, language use, memory, perception, problem-solving, creativity, and thinking. At UCLA I taught social psychology so this was a change, nothing I couldn't handle though.

"You must be Dillard's replacement," someone said from behind me as I closed the door to my class.

I turned around and was faced with a man, who I'm guessing works here, he was chocolate with facial hair, tall, built, I could see his muscles through his button-down shirt, and did I mention he was fine.

"I'm not really sure who I replaced and I could care less. I'm just here to share my knowledge with the future generation."

He chuckled, "I'm Morris Chestnut."

"Beyoncé Knowles." I shook his hand.

He offered to walk me to my car and I decided to let him, it'll be good to know someone when school starts back up.

"So you teach cognitive psychology?"

"I do," I answered as we began to walk.

"How did you get here, as a college professor?" he asked, "I know the process is long and stressful, from my experience."

"Well, I earned my bachelor degree here at the University of Houston. After that, I worked as a case manager for about two years while I started online college courses working towards my masters. I then decided to leave Houston and transferred to UCLA where I earned my masters degree. I worked as a clinical psychologist for a few years while I worked towards my doctorate degree and earned my Ph.D. Then I started working at UCLA for eight or so years teaching social psychology and now I'm here."