XXIII

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 23
Saturday, December 15
~~~~

As I seasoned and mixed the meat the doorbell rang, "I got it!" I yelled before washing and drying my hands.

I wasn't expecting anyone so I was curious as to who was at my door. I opened the door and thought I saw a ghost, "What do you want?"

"He'll let him go if you help me get my daughter back."

"Why the fuck are you here?" I asked as I stepped outside and closed the door behind me.

I wrapped my arms around my body and leaned against the door. It was cold as fuck out here.

"Because I need you and from the looks of things you need my help too."

I scoffed, "I gave you an opportunity and I most definitely don't need your help."

"Ty is my best friend he'll do anything I ask, especially since he owes me. Just help me get Shay back and I can get Keith out the game," he said.

I thought about what he said for a minute and whether I wanted to admit it or not I need his help because I had no fucking idea how I was gonna get Keith out.

"How sure are you that you'll be able to get him out?" I asked.

"Ty Ty and I went into business together, he's been holding shit down since I was locked up. I can convince Ty to let him go."

"If you're lying to me or if anything happens to Keith I will have your ass sent back to jail faster than you can blink," I threatened.

"You gon' do me like that?" he chuckled.

"If I have to."

"Well, you won't."

"Mmhm," I smirked, "Your daughter is here."

"For real? Can I see her?"

"She's your daughter," I said opening the door and motioning for him to follow me, "Shay, someone's here to see you."

"I'm not expecting nobody," she said as Jay followed me to the living room.

"Not even me," Jay said once we were in her view.

Shay gently moved Blue off of her and laid her on the couch before running into Jay's arms, "Daddy!"

"Hey," he smiled as he spun her around.

"I can't believe you're here, does that mean I can come with you?" she asked excitedly.

"Shays leaving," Paige pouted.

"Not yet, there's a lot that needs to be done before Jay can get custody and it's gonna take some time," I said.

"Oh, well, I can't wait and Paige I love you girl but this is what I've been waiting for," Shay said.

"I'm gonna talk to Jay in the kitchen while I finish dinner," I said.

"What you cooking?" Jay asked as he sat at the island.

"Burgers with homemade fries and I also have vegan burgers for the twins," I said as I finished prepping the food.

"So what I gotta do to get my daughter?"

"Well, I'm gonna call her social worker and see if we can have lunch tomorrow."

"Lunch?"

"Yeah and I'm gonna go ahead and let you know she can be a bitch sometimes and she plays no games, at all, she's about her business so don't waste her time."