XXVIII

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 28
Sunday, December 23
~~~~

"Jay," I said shaking him.

"Hmm," he said clearly still asleep.

"Wake up," I said poking his face.

"It's like nine in the morning," he groaned finally rolling over and facing me.

"It one in the afternoon now get up while the girls are gone so I can sneak you out."

I've been up for hours cleaning and watching Scandal while Jay slept since he has a job now and I've been working the hell out of him. I also had to send the girls on a few errands so they won't have questions like Chloe did when he spent the night a few days ago.

"Sneak me out? Was I a booty call? Are you forcing me to do the walk of shame?"

"No, because in order to do those things it would require us to have sex and we did not have sex."

"We could have sex," he shrugged.

I stopped and looked at him realizing he was dead serious, "Yeah it's time for you to go, buddy," I said grabbing his shoes tossing them at him.

"You have to drop me off, you know that right?" He chuckled.

"You live down the street, you have legs."

"We have presents to wrap, Christmas is in two days so you will be coming to my house with me," he smirked.

"You're annoying," I angrily said before going into my bathroom and slamming the door.

"I'll meet you in the car!" He called out.

"Fuck you!" I yelled.

"I've been trying!"

I opened the bathroom door, "Do you have to make everything about sex?"

"Do you want me to be honest?" He laughed.

"Ugh!" I groaned slamming the door back.

"I'm kidding," he laughed, "Not really, but I don't want you to think I'm a creep or a rapist as I've been labeled."

I opened the door again, standing in the doorway, "I know you're not a creep or rapist, if you were I wouldn't have even brought you into my home where my kids lay their heads. You're simply a man."

"And you're a woman."

"Don't say anything else because I know where this is going, let's go."

He laughed, "You know me so well."

I sent Chloe a quick text letting her know that I was doing Christmas things before taking the short drive to Jay's place.

"I'll bring everything out here you just sit and look pretty."

"That shouldn't be hard."

While Jay brought out all the presents we purchased that day including lots of tape, gift bags and wrapping paper I got comfortable then sat on the floor.