XXIV

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 24
Sunday, December 16
~~~~

"Damn, we only going to lunch not a fashion show," Jay joked as I searched for my keys

"I'm always best dressed no matter where I'm going and plus the place we're going to is very high class," I told him, "Here they are," I said finally finding my keys, "Come on."

Jay and I left out getting into my car so we can meet Regina for lunch.

"If you would've told me that I would've dressed nicer," he said.

I glanced at him as I started up the car, "You look nice."

"Thanks, you look breathtaking as always," he chuckled.

I blushed at another one of his compliments. Ever since I met Jay he always seemed to compliment and I loved every single one.

The drive to the restaurant consisted of me singing along lowly to my 90s playlist and Jay glancing at me from time to time, other than that it took us no more than 20 minutes to get to the restaurant.

"Damn what took y'all so long, I've been waiting forever," Regina exaggerated as I hugged her.

"We're two minutes late, pipe down sis," I said before introducing the two, "Gina this is Jay, Shays dad and Jay this is the biggest bitch I know."

"It's crazy cause you're the biggest bitch I know," Regina laughed.

I frowned, "You're annoying."

"Do y'all know each other," Jay asked as we sat down.

"Yeah, unfortunately, she's my sister," Regina said stealing the words right out my mouth.

"That makes sense," Jay nodded.

"How else do you think I'm keeping your daughter illegally?" I said emphasizing illegally.

"Which is why it's so crucial that you get your shit together. I'm not bringing anything to the judge unless I know you're back on your feet otherwise it'll be a waste of time. I'm about my business and don't like my time being wasted. And it's bad enough I'm doing illegal shit which can result in me losing my job. I need you to get your shit together, ASAP," Regina explained to him.

"So I have to get a job?" Jay questioned scratching his head.

"Duh," I said.

"And none of that drug dealer shit. Legal money sir!" Regina emphasized.

He sighed, "How am I supposed to find a job if I'm labeled as a rapist?"

"Shit, I forgot you are a rapist," Regina mumbled.

"I'm not a rapist."

"Negro you know what I meant."

"I may have a solution," I said.