XXXVII

B E Y O N C É
C H A P T E R 37
Sunday, January 6
~~~~

It was time I had a talk with the kids about their future plans because it was long overdue. I can't keep babying them when Keith is grown, the twins are almost grown and Paige will be there in a few years.

I called Keith and told him to bring Ryan because the girls didn't know about Ryan moving in and the girls weren't too fond of  Ryan. The twins were cordial about it but Paige despised her after Keith left. Paige and Keith were very close, he was her big brother, her protector and Paige felt like ever since Ryan came into the picture Keith has given all of his attention to Ryan and forgot about her.

"Everybody bring your asses downstairs, right now! Family meeting!" I yelled once Keith got here.

"Keith!" Paige yelled excitedly hugging him.

"Hey," he chuckled hugging her back.

"Hey Keith, and Ryan," Shay greeted them.

"Hey," they said.

"I thought strangers weren't allowed in the house," Halle teased.

"Hal look at you," Keith hugged her.

Ryan greeted them, Halle greeted her back happily but Paige responded very dryly. I wasn't surprised.

"I still don't believe you're pregnant, I really thought Paige would be first," Keith said as everyone sat down and got comfortable.

"I don't know why, I don't like kids. Sorry but momma you will get no grandkids from me."

"Aww, why?" I asked.

"For starters kids are parasites. Secondly, I have met me and I can't get stuck with a daughter because I can't risk her being anything like me. She could get my attitude and reckless mouth. Not only that she could be out doing God knows what and I wouldn't know. Uh-uh, I can't do it, I'll have a heart attack.

"You're a hypocrite," Shay laughed.

"Right!" Halle agreed.

"Paige do you hear yourself because you literally just described our entire mother-daughter relationship, like exactly," I said.

"Really?"

"Forget it child, where's Chloe?"

"I'll go get her," Halle said getting up, "she's not really... herself right now. I've been trying to make her feel better but she's really hurting."

"What's wrong, is everything ok?" I asked.

"It's not my place to say what happened but she'll be ok. She's very sensitive and snappy so don't piss her off," Halle said before leaving to get her. Moments later came back with Chloe. My poor baby looked so sad and broken. Now I have to go beat up a kid for hurting my baby.

"Hi, baby," I said.

"Hey," she weakly smiled before sitting down and laying her head on Halle's shoulder.

I made a mental note to make sure I talked to her, "Well now that everyone is here we can start this family meeting," I said.