Chapter 20

Amy's POV

9 weeks later and a lot of house viewing, we finally find out dream house and have permission to move into it. A wealthy friend of my Mom was moving out of New York and to California for her work, so she offered us her house for a very good price.

Jake and I couldn't have asked for a nicer house which could possibly fit us better. It was a 10 minute drive or 30 minute walk away (at my normal pace) from the precinct and a 5 minute drive or 15 minute walk away from the nearest kindergarten and (one which is highly recommend and has good ratings).

The house itself has 5 bedrooms (4 upstairs and one downstairs), one with an en-suite and balcony and all a very good size. Downstairs is a lovely kitchen with an island in the middle of it, a large dining room and a living room which a huge double corner sofa. There's 4 bathrooms (excluding the one in the master bedroom) and a laundry room.

The basement is the same floor size as every other floor of the house and has a pool table and football table in, but Jake and I have decided that for the time being we will change it into a playroom, but then eventually back into a game room or something along those lines.

In the backyard a hot tub, a couple of deckchairs, a hammock between two trees and a lawn.

We never expected to find a house as such in New York, but because my Mom's friend had a lot of money she could afford to have the house pretty much exactly as she wanted, which benefits us massively.

The day of us moving is chaotic to say the least. I don't know how else I expect it to be really, but I guess being 29 weeks pregnant doesn't help... at all.

The whole of the squad insisted on helping us, which makes me feel even more useless as Jake won't allow me to lift anything heavier than a tea towel. Well maybe I'm exaggerating slightly but I guess that's how I see it.

Once everything has been moved into our new house, and everyone has had a lot for lunch, everyone begins to help Jake and I unbox. As I lift the lid off one of the boxes I'm very surprised to see something and pick it up between my thumb and forefinger.

"Jake... why is your grey towel in this box?!" I ask and everyone looks up from their boxes, some begin to laugh slightly.

"Well I was thinking, maybe it could be baby's blankey? Like her comforter?" Jake says with a grin on his face, receiving a glare off me.

"Oh I so hope you're joking for your sake or else you better start running."

"Babe, no offence but I think my grandma can run faster than you at the moment."

I gasp with pretend offence, knowing he's probably right, before leaning over to slap him on the arm.

"Ow!" Jake says. "You're cute when you're mad though."

I jokingly glare at him again and he moves to sit next to me then pulls me onto his lap, placing a kiss on my shoulder.

"We are still here you know." Rosa says after she clears her throat.

"I think it's perfect." Charles says, resulting in the both of us rolling our eyes.

"Charles, just back off." Terry says and everyone laughs once again.

Eventually almost everything has a new space in our home and we thank everyone for all of their help over the day as they leave. Once we shut the door, Jake and I walk around the house with huge smiles on our faces, not needing to say a word as we both know how happy each other are.

"It's perfect." Jake says when we get back to our room.

"It's better than perfect. We just need to decorate her room now." I reply, placing both hands on the top of my ever growing bump.

We have already bought everything to go in it, but we just need to paint it and place everything in there: it's the one room Jake and I didn't want help doing as we wanted to do it ourselves.

"We can do it tomorrow, Holt's let me have the rest of the week off, but now you're on maternity leave you're not doing as much. I don't care what you say, I'm making sure you get enough bed rest like the doctor suggested."

I don't bother to protest as I know Jakes right and even if I wanted to be stubborn he would end up winning. Instead I go through to our bedroom and curl up next to Jake, it doesn't take us long to fall asleep as we're both exhausted from the long day.

The next morning when I wake up I immediately realise I'm not in Jakes embrace, then I hear a small bang from the baby's room. I walk through to see Jake putting up the step ladders with buckets of pale pink and pale grey paint at his feet.

"Want to get started Babe?" He asks picking up a paint brush.

I smile at him and he offers me a paint brush, the both of us begin to pain three of the four walls the pale grey and later the last one the pale pink colour.

We take a long break in the middle of the day and order in a pizza, then continue by putting up her furniture and then hanging her mobile above her bed.

Once we finish, both Jake and I take a step back and a smile grows on both of our faces, happy with how our baby girls room her turned out.

{hey guys so I've finally uploaded. Whoops, sorry about the wait just been really busy and have a ton of exams coming up. Not got any more chapters pre-written at the moment but will try and get a couple sorted when I go away next week during the journey.
Anyways thank you so much for 10k reads! Never did I expect so many but I hope you're all enjoying the book and I'd love some feedback 😀}