Chapter 3

Austin's POV

Katie and I enter our dormroom which isn't like a typical dorm room because it is almost like anapartment. The spaces two story dorm room is painted white with hard woodfloors and has many windows which makes the room look beautiful when it is abright sunny day outside. When you first walk in to the left is the bathroomand to the right of the doorway is a white organizer for our mail that comeswith plants and other things on top of it, another closet which is our coatcloset, a book holder that holds the countless cook books that Katie mom'ssends her but of course Katie doesn't get the hint and a large wooden bookcasethat keeps our main computer on it along with other kitchen items. 

Oursmall kitchen that does the job of a professional kitchen has a sink that isburied under a pile of dirty dishes because Katie always says that she is goingto get to it but never does, a medium sized fridge that we somehow manage tokeep over stocked with food until Jonathan and his frat brothers find their wayover here, a liquor cabinet, a microwave, a coffee maker, a spice rack that hasa very nice collection of spices, our stove with a griddle in the middle, andlastly the pantry closet that holds food, dishes, and our utensils. 

Ourliving room consists of a bookcase filled with Katie and I's favorite movieswith odds and ends into top of it, a tan couch that turns into a bedwhen we have guests over, a tan rug underneath the white coffee table in themiddle of the living room, a white gaming chair that Jonathan bought forhimself, a red bean bag chair, the tan wooden framed TV with a TV guides andother personal items scattered on top. 

Katie'sbedroom is on the lower fall that and the reason that is because one night shehad a little too much to drink at a frat house party and fell going up thestairs. Katie's room has her unmade queen-sized bed with black and whitepillows, a black cotton comforter, and white silk sheets. Her dresser is whitewith six drawers and made of engineered wood, on top of the dresser is herlamp, her jewelry box, some pictures of Jonathan and her along with a fewpictures of her family, and some other personal items that I won't get intothat belong to her and Jonathan. On the wall above her dresser is a hugepicture of a fashion magazine collage that Katie made herself. In one corner ofthe room Katie has her glass vanity makeup table with a six-drawer unit and amirror with a dimmer, multiple USB and power outlets, and LED bulbs. The lastthing in her room is her closet that is overflowing with clothes which isbecause Katie loves fashion and always had to look her best at all times. 

Nextto Katie's room and the kitchen is a wooden spiral staircase that leads to thesecond floor and also to my room. My room has a made queen sized bed with my bookcaseas the headboard for the bed, cream colored pillows with a purple design onthem, cream colored comforter, dark purple cotton sheets. I have a large windowwith dark purple black out curtains and a cozy window seat. A black woodendresser that has two drawers at the top which both have their own locks on themand five drawers below. On top of my dresser are pictures of my family andfriends, different scented candles, and a few other things. Lastly you have mycloset which is the same size as Katie's but mine is more organized then hers.

"Weneed to get you ready for tonight." Katie says as she starts walking away fromme and heads to the closet. I roll my eyes and head upstairs to my room to pickout what I want to wear for the forsaken party that I somehow have allowedKatie to talk me into going. After going through my closet, I pick out theoutfit I want to wear but before I can start putting it on Katie comes to myroom giving me a weird look. "Were you seriously trying to sneak your outfitpast me?" I flop on my bed as Katie flops on my bed next to me. "I am justtrying to help you, I mean you are never going to meet a girl dressed like youare a teacher here instead of a student." I look up at the ceiling thinking tomyself that meeting a girl isn't the problem in fact it couldn't be thefurthers thing from my mind, 

Iturn over to my side looking at Katie who just looks at me. "I swear to youthat if I wasn't dating Jonathan I would totally think you are cute." I groan asI set up on my bed. "Boo, you know I love you, but comparing me to a 5 foot 11inch Florida hunk with southern charm and a body like a male model isn'texactly fair." I get off my bed looking at my outfit one more time. "I am sosorry that I find a certain type of guy attractive." Katie gets off my bed andwalks over to me looking at the outfit I have picked out. "You're going with aflannel shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes?" He says with a sour look on herface as she looks from the outfit to me then back to the outfit. "It is my goto outfit for a night out." Katie takes one last look at the outfit beforethrowing it over the railing and down onto the floor.

"Ithink it high time you let me dress me." Katie lightly shoves me away andstarts pulling clothes out of my closet. "I happen to like my sense of style."Katie lets out a laugh as she turns around to face me. "I think that once youexperience the Thompson Makeover, you are going to feel like a new person." Isuddenly start feeling nervous with a tiny bit of fear mixed in. "You're notgoing to dress me like you, are you?" Katie stops looking through my closet andturns completely around to face me putting her hand on her hip. "And what may Iask is wrong with the way I dress?" I cross my arms over my chest giving herjust as much attitude as she is giving me. "You dress like a street walker."Katie gasps as she flips her hair over her shoulder.

"Foryour information, I dress the way I do because I am comfortable with my bodyand I like to show it off, maybe if you did that once in a great awhile youwould have more of a social life." She snaps at me going back to my closet. "Mysocial life is exactly the way I like it." I snap back at her but she ignoresme knowing that I am only trying to get her pissed off so that she won't wantme to go with her to the party. "You promised that you would go and that is apromise that I am holding you too." She smiles at me as she lights puts anoutfit in my hands. "Now go change and we can think of something to do thathair." I let out a loud sigh as I walk downstairs to our bathroom looking atthe outfit Katie picked out and this outfit definitely more her style instead of my style.