Chapter 16

Austin's POV

"Why are you doing this?" Iask with a trembling voice looking into his hazel eyes with a hint of red inthem, "Because you refuse to give me what I want." He growls bringing the knifecloser to my throat, "I don't have any money on me, it is all in my dorm." I tryto remain calm the best I can which is not easy when you have an unstable guylike this that I one second away from going off the deep end. The guy looks atme frustrated and starts looking around when he eyes land on my Rolex. "Give methat watch, I am sure that if it is real I all the cash I need." I shake myhead at him which gets a confused look from the guy, "If you want this watchyou are going to have to take off my lifeless corpse." It is true that I would ratherdie than give up this watch because it has a lot sentimental meeting to me.

"Ifthat is what it is going to take to get what I want." He says in a tone ofvoice that shows no remorse of the thought of killing another person. Suddenlyout of the nowhere the guy drops to the floor as his head slams into the wall,and as I look up I see Garrett behind him as Garrett's right arm encircles theguys neck. "You picked the wrong the place tonight." Garrett hisses at the manwho struggles to break free but with no success as Garrett's right hand graspshis own upper left bicep covering his wolf tattoo. The guy drops the knife ontothe ground and starts tapping on Garrett's shoulder but for some reason Garrettdoesn't let go. I stand back up as Garrett places his left hand against theattacker's own shoulder. "Garrett, let him go now, otherwise you are going tokill him." I say and Garrett looks at me then back to the guy before lettingout a deep growl and dropping the unconscious body of the guy to the floor.

Garrettgrabs my arm gently pulling me into my dorm room and closes the door. "Youalright?" Garrett asks checking me over to make sure that I wasn't hurt whichconfuses the hell out of me. After Garrett is sure that I nothing happened tome he walks over grabbing the phone in the kitchen and throws it to me. "Callcampus security." He says to me when I catch the phone. I nod my head and dialthe number for campus security telling them everything that just happened. "Theywill be here soon." I say hanging up the phone and putting it back then turningmy attention to Garrett. "Thank you for basically saving my life." Garrettrolls his eyes as she kind of stumbles into the living room. "Whatever." Garrettgrumbles as I just sigh at him starting to walk up the stairs to my room, "Whereare you go?" He asks making me stop halfway up, "I am going to my room so I goto bed." Garrett stands in the middle of the living room staring up at me. "Youare more than welcome to come up here for the night but you will be sleeping onthe floor." Garrett smiles at me as I finish walking up the steps and into myroom.

Afew seconds later Garrett enters my room looking around, "You are a real neatfreak." He says with laugh as I sit on my bed. "I like thinks in their properplace, and there is nothing wrong with that." Garrett starts laughing as heflops down on the floor. "Night Bookworm." Garrett closes his eyes and before Ican say anything to him I hear him snoring already. I grab my tea cup and walkdownstairs heading towards the kitchen but before I reach the kitchen the soundof a phone going off from the living room. "That's odd." I say out loud tomyself and I place my cup on the table in the living room and I hear the loudmusic coming from behind the coach and as I look behind the coach I see thatthe ringing is actually coming from black jeans of Garrett's. I pick up hispants and pull out a cell phone with a cover of creepy king of hearts on it, Iturn it over to see the screen says 'Zeus' on the screen with a picture of lighting.I hit the accept button and put the phone to my ear to hear a loud and veryunhappy voice on the other end. 

"WHERETHE HELL ARE YOU HUNTSMAN! YOU BETTER NOT BE GETTING INTO TROUBLE, BECAUSE IFYOU ARE I SWEAR YOU WILL BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE WHEN YOU BACK HERE IN THEMORNING!" I start laughing knowing that this voice could only belong to oneperson, "YOU'RE LAUGHING? YOU THINK THIS FUNNY?" I try to control my laughteras I take a deep breath. "This isn't Garrett, but judging from the dad tone ofvoice I am guessing that this is Hunter Crushmen." The voice on the other endclears their throat before starting to talk in a normal tone of voice, "This isHunter, may I ask who I am speaking to?" I smile as I start picking up Garrett'sclothes and putting them on the couch. "It's me Austin Black." I grab my teacup off the table and walk into the kitchen. "Austin? What are you doing withGarrett's phone?"

Ican hear the concern in voice which makes me thankful that at least someonecares about Garrett. "he showed up at the front of my building drunk andstarting a fight with my friend Scotty, so I am letting him crash at my placefor the night." I rinse my cup out before heading back upstairs. "Alright, atleast I know that he safe for the night and not out somewhere doing something extremelystupid like normal." I sigh gently walking over a sleeping Garrett. "He ispassed out on my floor, and I have his cell phone and keys." I hear Hunter letout his own sigh. "Thanks for looking out for him Austin, night." Hunter hangsup and I put Garrett's phone and keys on my nightstand before I finish getting readyfor bed 

by taking off my clothes and putting on my black sleep tee and my black and grey woven plaid shorts. Before I go to bed I straighten up my room a little bit and close my book making sure to put my book mark in it as I place it in headboard bookcase. "Night Garrett." I say with a smirk on my face and Garrett answers me with a snore.