listen before i go

"Fever's gone down." Hershel said as he out his hand on Carl's cheek. Carl started moving and Lori asked,"Baby?" Carl's eyes opened and he asked,"Sophia? Carmen? Are they okay?" "Fine. They're fine." Rick answered. "Rest. We'll be right here,okay?" Lori asked. "Okay." Carl answered and he closed his eyes.

Daryl's motorcycle, Andrea's car,and Dale's R.V. were parked in front of the farmhouse. "How is he?" Dale asked Rick. "He'll pull through,thanks to Hershel and his people." Lori answered. "And Shane. We'd have lost Carl if not for him." Rick said. "Thank God." Carol said and she hugged Lori then Barbara. "We were so worried. How'd it happen?" Carol asked. "Hunting accident. That's all — just a stupid accident." Rick answered.

Beth Greene put a stone on top of a pile of stones and she walked back to her older sisters. Beth was the littlest sister of the Greene/Jones sisters. "Blessed be God,Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis,for his span of years,for his abundance of character;Otis,who gave his life to save a child's,now more than ever,our most precious asset. We thank you,God,for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived,in grace. Shane,will you speak for Otis?" Hershel asked after preaching. "I'm not good at it. I'm sorry." Shane answered. "You were the last one with him. You shared his final moments. Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning." Patrica pleaded and a tear rolled down Barbara's right cheek. "We were about done. Almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. 'We've got to save that boy.' See,that's what he said. He gave me his backpack. He shoved me ahead. 'Run,' He said. He said,'I'll take the rear. I'll cover you.' And when I looked back...." Shane trailed off and he grabbed a stone and he put it on the pile of stones.

"How long has these girls been lost?" Hershel asked. "This'll be day three." Rick answered. Maggie rolled out a map and she said,"County survey map. Shows terrain and elevations." "This is perfect. We can finally get this thing organized. We'll grid the whole area,start searching in teams." Rick said. "Not you. Not today. You gave three units of blood. You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out," Hershel said while looking at Rick then he looked at Shane,"And your ankle — push it now, you'll be laid up a month,no good to anybody." "Guess it's just me. I'm gonna head back to the creek,work my way from there." Daryl said. "I could still be useful. I'll drive up to the interstate,see if Sophia or Carmen wandered back." Shane said. "All right, tomorrow then. We'll start doing this right." Rick said. "That means we can't have our people out there with just knives. They need the gun training we've been promising them." Shane said. "I'd prefer you not carrying guns on my property. We've managed so far without turning this into an armed camp." Hershel said. "With all due respect,you get a crowd of those things wandering in here...." Shane said. "Look, we're guests here. This is your property and we will respect that." Rick said and he put his gun on the map and Shane did the same thing. "First things first: Set camp,find Sophia and Carmen." Barbara said. "I hate to be the one to ask,but somebody's got to. What happens if we find them and they're bit? I think we should all be clear on how we handle that." Shane said. Barbara looked down at her feet and a tears rolled down her cheeks. "You do what has to be done." Rick said. "And the mothers? What to you tell them?" Maggie asked. "The truth." Andrea answered.

"Daddy, we're running short on bandages, antibiotics,and etc. I could make a run into town. Maggie told me there's a pharmacy just a mile down the road." Barbara said. Hershel and Rick were talking while looking at a map and Rick asked Hershel,"See our man there in the baseball cap? That's Glenn,our second go-to-town expert. I'd ask him to go along just to be cautious." Hershel looked at Barbara and nodded. Barbara nodded and she walked up to Glenn. "Hi, second go-to-town expert. Got a pharmacy run. You in?" Barbara asked. "Uh...." Glenn said. "Barb,you lived here before,right?" Dale asked. "Yeah,I lived her my entire life until I turned 18." Barbara answered. "What's the water situation here?" Dale asked. "Got five wells on our land. House draws directly from number one. Number two well is right over there. We use it for the cattle but it's just as pure. Take what you need. There's a cart and containers in the generator she'd behind our house." Barbara answered. She looked at Glenn and said,"I'll go saddle up your horse then." She walked away and Glenn looked at Dale and asked,"Horse?"