wading

"Army came in and put these fences up. Made it a place for the people to go. Last week when we spotted this place,there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain-link,keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs." Daryl told Bob as they,Glenn,Michonne,Sasha,and Tyrese stood outside the fence of Big Spot! "So they all just left?" Bob asked. "Put a boom box out there three days ago. Hook it up to two car batteries." Sasha answered. They slowly went inside the gate and Daryl knocked on the window of the store. A few minutes went by until some walkers pressed against the glass. "Ready to do this?" Michonne asked. "Yeah, let's do it." Daryl answered.

They dragged the walkers corpses as Sasha said to the small group,"All right,we go in,stay in formation for the sweep. After that,you all know what you're supposed to look for. Any questions?" Everyone stayed silent until Tyrese asked,"Was there ever a time that you weren't the boss of me?" "You had a few years before I was born." Sasha answered as the group went inside.

Michonne hunched over the shopping cart, walking into aisle to aisle,items in the cart. She jumped when she saw a zombie cardboard cutout. She rolled her eyes the blade of her katana went through the cardboard zombie.

Glenn put some items in his cart and held a camera in his hands. It was the type of camera that instantly prints out the pictures. He put it in his cart and walked down the aisles. He stopped and realized he needed to his daughter something since it was her birthday. So,he wandered around the store and smiled to himself when he saw something that she might enjoy.

Bob slowly shook his head as he passed by the shelves of wine. He suddenly stopped and sighed to himself. He went back to the wine shelves and grabbed a bottle. He was so tempted to drink wine again,but he just put the bottle back. When he did that however,the shelf fell and the spilled wine went underneath Bob's shoes. The creaking of the shelves and Bob's yelling were the loudest things that were in the Big Spot! store. The shelves of wine fell ontop of Bob, trapping him under.

Daryl rushed over to the mess and asked,"You all right? You cut or something?" "No,man,but my foot is caught." Bob answered. Tyrese and Glenn rushed over and Daryl informed them,"All right. He's just caught. Come on." "What happened?" Michonne asked. "Everyone's all right! We're over in wine and beer." Glenn answered. They pulled up the shelves,but Glenn was having a little trouble. "You need to do better than that,Asian man." Daryl said. "I'm Korean." Glenn corrected,rolling his eyes.

Just as they pushed up the second shelf,a walker fell through the roof as everyone else ran over to the beer and wine. "Yeah,uh,we should probably go now." Glenn said as more walkers fell through the roof.

The gunfire echoed in the store as Glenn hurriedly grabbed his items from the shopping cart into his satchel. They all ran out of the store as it crumbled down.

""The children fastened their eyes upon their bit of candle and watched it melt slowly and pitilessly away. Saw the half inch of wick stand alone at last. Saw the feeble flame rise and fall. Climb the thin tower of smoke. Linger at its top a moment and then...."" Carol stopped reading to the children when she saw Carmen in the bookshelves. "Ma'am,should I take watch now?" A boy asked. "Yes,Luke,you do that." Carol answered the boy's question. Luke got up and ran out of the library. "Today...is a special day." Carol said. "Why is that?" Patrick asked. "It's Carmen's birthday today and she just turned 14." Carol answered, excitedly. A girl raised her hand and asked,"Ma'am,where is Carmen." Carol smiled a bit as Carmen walked out of the bookshelves. "Hi." Carmen said, awkwardly. "Ma'am,may I be dismissed?" Patrick asked. "What is it?" Carol asked. "I'm not feeling very well," Patrick answered,"I don't want to yack on anyone, especially the birthday girl since I know how mean she is." Carol said,"Go." Patrick got up from his chair and walked out of the library. "Now,since today is Carmen's birthday,she took her time out of her chores to tell us a story so you must not interrupt or disrespect her." Carol said and got up from her chair, stepping aside. "Thank you,Carol." Carmen said and sat down in the chair. She cleared her throat and said,"Once upon a time,there was a girl named Cinderella...."

The moonlight glowed the windows of the prison. Maggie walked in on Glenn and Carmen who were laughing, obnoxiously,and talking. "Keep your voices down!" Maggie said, jokingly. "Sorry!" Carmen said, trying to hold in a giggle. Maggie sighed and said,"Carmen,check up on Beth." "Okay. Sure." Carmen said,got up from the bed,and walked out of the cell. However,she was near the cell when she heard Maggie say,"I'm not pregnant."

"I'm not pregnant." Maggie said to Glenn. "You know?" Glenn asked. "I know." Maggie answered. "Oh,thank God. Oh,my God." Glenn said, sighing in relief as his head was slightly against Maggie's flat stomach. "I didn't want to,but we could have. We can have lives here." Maggie said. "How can you say that after today? After Lori?" Glenn asked. "Because I don't want to be afraid of being alive." Maggie said. Just then,Carmen walked back into the cell and said,"Beth's all right." "Good." Maggie said with a deep sigh and hugged the now 14-year-old girl. "Happy birthday." Maggie and Glenn said in unison,making Carmen's cheeks turn a shade of red amongst her freckles.

Patrick coughed, intensely as he made his way to the prison's showers. Sweat was rolling down his face to his neck,making a stain on his dull shirt. He left a trail of his own blood. Patrick turned on the shower,letting the water fall on to his body,even thoughhe had clothes on. He was panting until he dropped to the floor.