wish you were gay

(Before the outbreak)
Barbara and her brother,Johnny,were slowly driving up to the graveyard to visit their mother. Johnny parked the car and the two siblings got out of the car. "How many of these have we bought her? I mean, whenever we come here,the fucking flowers disappears and we paid good money on these things! 'We will remember',my ass! I can barely remember what the woman even looked like." Johnny said as Barbara planted flowers in their mother's grave. "Well,maybe there's a flower person that picks up the decayed flowers." Barbara said and she began praying with her rosary wrapped around her hand. The two stayed silent before Johnny said,"Hey,come on,Barb. Church was this morning." Barbara didn't say anything and Johnny put on his leather gloves. He saw a walker and he said,"Hey,I mean praying's for church,huh? Come on." "I haven't seen you in church lately." Barbara said. "Well, there's not much sense in my going to church. Do you remember one time when we were small,we were out here? It was from right over there I jumped out at you from behind a tree,and Grandpa got all excited,and he shook fist at me and said,"Boy, you'll be damned to hell." Right over there. You were real scared." Johnny said. "Johnny." Barbara warned. "And you're still scared." Johnny said and Barbara put her rosary around her neck while saying,"Stop it. I mean it." Johnny smirked and he said in a creepy voice,"They're coming to get you, Barbara." "Stop it! You're ignorant!" Barbara said and the two began walking away from their mother's grave. "They're coming to get you, Barbara!" Johnny said while grabbing his little sister's shoulders. "You're acting like a child!" Barbara said. Johnny pointed to the walker he saw earlier and he said,"Look! There comes one of them one." "He'll hear you!" Barbara said through her gritted teeth. "Here he comes now! I'm getting out of here!" Johnny said and he ran off, leaving his little sister alone. The walker was walking towards Barbara and when Barbara tried walking past the walker,the walker grabbed Barbara and it tried biting her flesh. Barbara screamed and she cried out,"Johnny!" Johnny got the walker off Barbara,but when he got it off her,the walker bit Johnny's neck and Johnny let out a haunting scream. Afraid, Barbara ran back the car and she got in the drivers seat. She immediately locked the doors and another walker pounded on the window. The glass on the window was weak and the when the walker did its third pound,the glass broke, scattering all over Barbara's skirt. Barbara was hurriedly going through the glove department and she pulled out the car keys. The walker pulled Barbara back by her short hair and Barbara screamed as the walker's teeth got close to her flesh. She was fast,though. She inserted the keys in the key slot and she twisted it. The engine started and Barbara stepped on the gas pedal. The walker got off her and Barbara's foot stayed on the gas pedal when he arrived at Carmen's middle school.

(Now)
The white, blinding bright light leaked into the group's eyes. The light brighten down and the group quickly ran inside the C.D.C. "Hello?" Barbara called out. They heard a gun cocked and they drew their guns on a man in gray,dull shirt and blue jeans who held a gun. "Anybody infected?" The man asked. "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick answered. "Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asked. "A chance." Rick answered. "That's asking an awful lot these days." The man said. "I know." Rick said and there was a long moment of silence. "You're all submitted to a blood test. That's the price of the admission." The man said. "We can do that." Rick said. "You got stuff to bring in,you do it now. Once this door closes,it stays closed." The man said. "Rick Grimes." Rick said as he held his hand out to the man. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man said and he shook Rick's hand and everyone was running back into the C.D.C with their bags.

The elevator was humming and everyone was crammed into the elevator. "Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asked. "There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough," Dr. Edwin Jenner said and he looked at Carl,"Except you. I'll have to keep my eye on you." Carl chuckled as he looked down at his shoes.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked as the group followed Dr. Edwin Jenner down the hallway. "Are you claustrophobic?" Dr. Jenner asked. "A little." Carol answered. "Try not to think about it." Dr. Jenner said. They entered a room that had a ring light and Dr. Jenner said,"VI,bring up the lights in the big room." The ring light turned on and Dr. Jenner said,"Welcome to Zone 5." "Who's VI?" Carmen asked. "VI is short for Violet because a woman named Violet Rowe used to be a technician here and she told me that I would meet one day. She had one son and a little daughter. I made a computer system for Violet to honor her after she died. VI,say hello to our guests." Dr. Jenner said. "Hello,guests. Welcome." "I....I used to know her children." Carmen said. "Excellent." Dr. Jenner said.