consumed

"So it was just you and Beth after?" Carol asked Daryl as they drove down the road at night,following a blue car. "Yeah." Daryl answered. "You save her?" Carol asked. "She's tough. She saved herself. We were out there for a while. We got cornered,she got out in front of me and...I don't know,she was just gone. I came out and a car's pulling out with a white cross on the window," Daryl said,"Rick's gonna wonder where we went. Tank's runnin' low." "We can end this quick. Just run him off the road." Carol suggested. "Nah, we're good for a bit." Daryl said,his eyes were glued to the road and his focus was on getting Beth back. "If they're holding her somewhere,we can get it out of the driver." Carol said. "Yeah,but if he don't talk, we're back to square one. Right now we got the advantage. We'll see who they are. If they're a group,see what they can do. And then we'll do what we gotta do to get her back." Daryl said. Carol nodded and said,"They're heading north,I-85." Daryl nodded and speed down a highway. Little did the pair know that they were driving back to Atlanta,to where it all started.

The car hid in the dark as Carol and Daryl watched the car with the white cross waiting at what used to be a sidewalk. "What the hell's he waiting for?" Daryl asked,irritatingly. The car turned off and one person got out. "Is that a cop?" Daryl asked once he saw the person. Carol instantly grabbed out her revolver and informed Daryl,"They might've seen us." The person looked around and then entered a somewhat hospital. They soon returned outside and went back in the car to only drive away. "They'd have taken the bypass and they didn't. They must be holed up in the city somewhere. We gotta move,find someplace to hole up till sunlight." Daryl said as he noticed that walkers were coming in the city. "I know a place just a couple of blocks from here." Carol suggested.

"Come on!" Daryl grunted as he opened up a back door of a workplace. He and Carol walked in and shut the door due to the walkers that were coming in the city. They walked down the hallway and Daryl asked,"You used to work here or something?" "Something." Carol answered. They walked into another room but this time,it was a small bedroom. "What's this place?" Daryl asked. "It's temporary housing." Carol answered. "You came here?" Daryl asked. "We didn't stay. I'll take the top bunk." Carol said as they put their weapons down. Suddenly,they heard a noise and they immediately grabbed their weapons. They made their way down the hall and saw that a walker was against a door. Suddenly,another walker joined the other walker and they shrugged it off,knowing that two walkers won't be a big of a threat.

"That car was headed downtown. I say we get up in one of the tall ones,get ourselves a view,see what we see." Daryl said as they gathered up their weapons. "We can stay close to the building and keep quiet,but sooner or later,we're gonna be drawing 'em." Carol said.

They hastily jogged down the sidewalk and hid around the corner once they saw a herd of walkers walking around a hospital. Daryl grabbed out a notepad from his bag and set it on fire. He then threw it in the street, causing a distraction to the walkers as they ran inside the back of a hospital.

The wooden door opened to reveal some sort of office and saw the view of the city and how damaged it was. Daryl then took out his sniper rifle and saw a van,with white crosses,on the road. "It's been there for a while." Daryl said.

As they went through another pair of doors,they were greeted by two young men who pointed assault rifles at them. "Hands up,both of you." One of the men said. Carol put her hands up and Daryl put down his crossbow. "Back up." One of the men said and the adult pair backed up as the young men picked up their weapons. "We're sorry about this. You'll be alright." One of the young men said and they took off,Carol and Daryl chasing after them before the door at the end of the hallway slammed on them, locking them out.

"They were stealing our weapons." Carol said as she and Daryl walked through corridors. "They're damn kids. One of them looked too familiar to someone." Daryl said as he tried opening up a locked door in a corridor. "Without weapons,we could die. Beth could die." Carol said as the door opened.

They slowly approached the white van in which was on the road. Daryl opened up the back doors and soon,Carol joined him in the van. There wasn't much except a stretcher which the words "GMH" was engraved on it. "What does GMH mean?" Daryl asked. "I don't know. Grady Memorial, maybe?" Carol asked and saw more walkers coming. Instantly, Daryl shut the back doors and Carol asked,"Anything we can use?" "No." Daryl answered and mysteriously,the walkers were gone. "Come on." Daryl said as they got out of the van and began walking back into the city.

After walking a couple of blocks,they stayed at an office space but they didn't feel comfy when they heard a distant door close. Daryl and Carol walked towards where the noise was. They were immediately greeted by the two men who took their weapons and Daryl tackled down one of them. The other man stood there,scared out of his mind. "Daryl,get off him!" Carol shouted and Daryl get off one of the men. "Oh,my God. They probably heard us. They're probably coming after us." One of the men said. "Who?" Daryl asked. "Them. The people. The hospital." The man said. "Is there a blonde girl there?" Daryl asked. "Beth?" The other man asked. Carol looked outside and said,"They're here."

"Come on!" The man shouted as they ran near the exit,Carol was running first until a car hit her,knocking her out. "Oh,shit! Let's go!" The other man said and he,his friend,and Daryl ran off as as doctors put Carol on a stretcher. After the attack,the three men soon stole a truck and drove away, planning to retrieve Carol.

(a/n= i started writing this at 2:00 and finished writing this at 3:21 am while listening to Lana Del Rey 😴😴)