Chapter 21

~Pierson's P.O.V~

When I woke up at Sage's house alone I thought it would be the perfect time to take her notebook without her knowing. I know it's wrong for me to be doing this but I just needed to know what was going on in that head of hers. Right as I was getting the notebook from beside the bed I heard her coming up the stairs. I rushed to the bathroom so I wouldnt have to face her right away.

Once I sucessfully covered the journal in my pants I walked out of the bathroom. I greeted Sage with a smile and walked her down the stairs to the smell of food. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I started smelling the food she made. As much fun as I was having spending time with Sage I knew I needed to get home before my parents started to freak that I never came home.

Sadly leaving her house I made my way back home before noon. As soon as I walked through the door my mom started yelling at me; shocker. Once I told her what happened at the party lying about the part where I stayed the night with Sage, she calmed down. If only she knew where I really stayed last night she probably would have had the "talk" with me again.

Little did she know I had already lost my virginity my freshman year. I mean come on didn't she know that boys lose their virginitys much faster than girls do? Im surprised she hasnt caught on yet.

Finally getting away from my overly talkative mother, I made it up to my room. Without changing into new clothes I flopped right onto to my bed. Everything was fine until the journal hit me in the balls as soon as I landed onto the bed. Now that was very uncomfortable. I had totally forgotten about it until that happened.

Quickly shutting my bedroom door, I opened up the journal and began reading. The more the read the more I knew I shouldn't be doing this; but I couldn't help myself. I needed to know everything about her and since she wouldn't tell me herself this is what I have to do.

The more I thought about it though it was really wrong I shouldn't be reading this even if she won't tell me how she's feeling. All I can do now is close the journal and return it without her knowing. Then I can help pick up the pieces from all the hurt she has gone through.

Honestly I didn't really think this plan through at all considering I have no idea how I'm gonna put this back without her knowing. Good thinking Pierson. What the hell am I supposed to do now? I took her freaking journal in the spur of the moment without thinking about later.

I should really stop doing things in the spur of the moment they always end bad. With a little thinking I tried coming up with a plan to put it back. Then again I could just tell her the truth and give it back. But then she would know I read it. Thus leading to her losing the small bit of trust she had formed for me since last night.

I just need to hang out at her house again so I can slip it back beside her bed where it was before. As much as I wanted to do that I broke down and called her.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sage, it's Pierson... Can we talk? Maybe go get some coffee later?" I asked her with desperation.

"Yeah sure! Meet you at Starbucks in 10?"

"Yeah, that works. See you in 10" and with that I hung up rushing towards my car. Ugh. This should be interesting.

~Author's Note~

Hey guys! Sorry for the short update.. I'm trying to update more often again but with school it's turned out to be a real pain in the ass. Anyways, how do you think Sage take the news? Btw I wanted to say thank you for 277 reads! That's crazy I can't believe I have almost 300 reads. I love you guys! <3 ~Savanna