CHAP49-"A trap let free"

J     U     N     G     K     O     O     K

"Just let her go. She didn't tell us anything. Harin, or even Haylee didn't know your identity"

All this while I thought when I finally come close to him, I wouldn't be afraid. Because why would I? I knew him for years. Even when I went to the administration room where he was in duty and lied to him about getting the boys reports so that I could sneak a few of his documents to compare the handwriting on the message left on Jimin's corpse with his, I didn't really have this panic taking over me.

But when a gun was being pressed onto the forehead of the girl I love, there was not much of strength in my bones. It's as if someone had pulled out my oxygen mask, and I was struggling to put it back but I can't move my body because I'm weak. It felt exactly like that.

"She doesn't have to know. Nor do you, Jungkook" Steve laughed as he talked.

"What are you saying? You can't hide anymore. This is it"

"Of course, this is it. But I don't want to end alone. It's not fun being caught alone" he pouted. "You poor boy, I despise you. Yet I can't hurt you for doing this to me. This was all for you" tears so easily tainted his cheeks. Steve spoke so softly and it freaked me out.

He was hurt. He was crying?

"Are you impressed?" he asked.

"Impressed? What are you talking about Steve? Let her go"

"I could, but I won't" he completed, smiling again like his tears were just a play.

"Tell me, are you impressed, Jungkook?" he asked again. Steve looked cunning at this point. My movements were being watched. It was as if he was a snake that would prance at me when I'm vulnerable.

"What? Why would I be?"

"Why not?" he questioned me back while he moved the gun from Harin's forehead and swung it in midair to make it seem more questionable. "You've always loved birds, didn't you? And don't you know that birds would attack their reflection?" he asked me like I could give him the most sensible answer, when in reality I couldn't even comprehend why a bird is suddenly brought into the conversation.

"She has already marked her territory" he continued, massaging the gun on her forehead. Harin was still. She made no sudden movements as she knew it would be effortless.

"Now I can't kill her even if I want to. Because her reflection, her territory has already been marked"

"On your knees, Steve" just when he was explaining to me about Harin, a thundering sound of footsteps were heard. Cops had managed to surround the area from all four corners of the corridor. Everyone had their guns pointing at the man who had a girl locked in his arms.

"Oh look, my buddies are here" he said, smiling at all of them. He was giggling until his eyes had managed to meet my dad's, who didn't look happy to see his trusted companion in such a state. Steve didn't drop that smile he had from the very beginning. He spoke to my father as if it was just another day at work.

"How can I serve you today, sir?" he asked and laughed at his own question.

"You can serve me by shutting the fuck up and surrendering"

"I think it's time I finally listen to you" he replied, slowly loosening his grip on Harin's shoulder. "I wasn't anyway going to hurt her. Like I said" he said, this time locking his eyes with me in the creepiest possible way. "She has already marked her territory"

As soon as he completed his sentence, Harin was set free. With trembling legs she walked towards me and fell straight into my arms. With her in my hands there was a sudden confidence lingering in me. I was no longer afraid of this man.