CHAP61-"The last clone to die"

J U N G K O O K

The strong grip on my hand continued as he adjusted my finger better between the trigger. Taehyung hyung pleaded for my attention. I faintly called his name before my mind zoned out once again. Though my eyes were fixed on the girl before me, there were a series of thoughts running in my mind.

Harin looked at me with tears running down her cheeks, her silent laments tortured my body, as if someone was pulling me apart from two side. Her eyes reminded me of my mother and the way she looked at me before she had taken her last breath.

Like a glimpse I could see the blade in my hand and the way she was staring into my soul. There was a fearful smile spread across her lips and she slowly wiped my tears with her thumb and took the chance to lightly stroke my hair. My body that was sitting on my knees couldn't take the pain of the gun pressed against the back of my head.

"Jungkook-ah" mother called. My heartbeat dropped at her soft whisper of my name. The owner of the gun made no hesitation and controlled my hand, moving the blade towards the wrist of the weak figure. She pleaded with her eyes to the killer, but he showed no mercy.

A memory that I couldn't remember from the trauma was all coming back. The fact that those medicines I had for over years had washed away these memories wasn't what surprised me. It was the fact that my stepfather knew this truth and was protecting me till now. I mean, it was quite impressive, he served as the strict father figure and he didn't hide the possibility of me trying to be my mother's murderer, because just like the doctor said, if the medicines are hindered because of hormonal changes as I grow, the unclear visions of seeing my mother's death with a blade in my hand would have killed me right away. Instead, I got to digest the facts slowly.

I cursed a man that kept me safe and there was nothing I could do to reverse all those years.

As my hand that held the blade moved closer to my mother's wrist, I couldn't do anything but whimper in pain, not being able to move a muscle because of the strong push of the gun against my head.

As he forced my hand, my grip on the blade tightened, trying to pull back and in the efforts of doing so my hands started bleeding from the glass pressed against my palms. But that was not painful at all. What hurts was how I could do nothing. Why was I so immature back then, I could have just taken the bullet? I should have just ended back then.

With my efforts of resistance, the last bit of patience had left the man and he just grabbed the blade from my hand, piercing it through mother's wrist. My eyes had widened in shock and my jaws dropped in terror. There was an incredulous feeling in me, almost like all of this might just be in my head.

"Eomma" I called, holding her bleeding wrist and crying like I lost it for real.

I immediately removed my loose jacket, wrapping the sleeves of it around her wrist with my very own shivering hands. I remember how I wouldn't stop whimpering and how that eventually gave me hiccups. It was a memory of horror. And I never wished to recall them. Until now.

A solid object slammed against my head had taken me out completely. My vison blurred and I could no longer try save my mother. There was constant pain on my head, and everything started to move in circles as I collapsed onto my mother's lap. My body was then dragged across the floor, blood still dripping from my head and palm. Though nothing was clear, I continued to have my gaze upon her. And like a soft whisper I kept calling for her.

It was after that I felt my eyes close, though I could still hear everything including the threats thrown at Taehyung hyung and how dad had kept hold of Harin. With my weak body there was nothing I could do of course. After Taehyung hyung was gone, I could hear a slight cry from mother.