CHAP 11-"Understand"

H         A          R         I         N

"Why would anyone send a message to you at this time of the day, to read that from right to left?" Tae, questioned.

"I don't know" I said, blank as he was. "It's an unknown number and I can't seem to open that chat again" I revolted, tapping on that chat several times, just so it could open, but it won't.

I looked at Tae, nervously, who kept seeking for answers.

"What exactly was written in that chat" he asked, his eyebrows frowning to an edge. Curiosity covered him but worry engulfed him more. A sigh of incense was written all over his expressionless face, which I don't get to see quite often these days.

"Not everything you see is right"

"That's it?"

"Pretty much, yea"

"How did that one line make you understand how this was supposed to be read?"

"It's called instincts, Tae, with a hint of smartness as well" I replied, a smile like a kid who gained her lost lollipop seen on my face.

"The corpse we found was proven not to be J-hope's. And the message we got was from him as well, which makes it clear he's okay, right?"

More than trying to solve the mystery of the missing boy, I felt more like Jimin, is trying to comfort himself by saying such things. It sounds like he is editing the riddle but at the same time deciding his own script.

"But hyung, he won't reply back"

"We can track him now. At that time his phone was off service, but now it's open to hack. Let's just hunt him to us"

"But how, Namjoon? We can't take charge of a police department work" Suga, questioned.

Namjoon's eyes unwillingly and hopelessly glanced into Jungkook's, asking help. The youngest was hit by sudden shock, while all he did till now in this heated conversation was lie sideways, against his shoulder, tracing the frames of the dusty window.

There was a hint of helplessness, innocence and guilt radiating from him. He gave a smile, an unreal one to his friends. A smile that says he will try. At the same time a smile that says, help.

"Recess is over, guys. Let's get back to class for now" Jin announced, with the bell.

We girls and the boys grabbed on to our blazers and got ready to leave. There was only silence in the room after one by one of them fled out, a silence so familiar.

But like how the dawn comes in without any invitations or wait, an instigating sound grabbed my attention to the left side of the empty room. And just like the dawn, it didn't warn me nor wait. I was convinced to believe the virtual reality around me.

A room that was raining bullets was summoned before me. The illusion got clearer and clearer with every breath I took. The color of blood was radiating in the room, giving it a warm yet unpleasant view. The fact that it was virtual was clean, since I couldn't touch the objects, especially the heavy metal bullets that rained above me, never caught me.

Now that I think of it. I do remember having such dreams quite often these days, something that kept me brave in this drastic, unexplainable situation.

The more I observe my surrounding the more I wanted to discover, I wasn't afraid, I wanted to know.

Turning to my side, I realized my one foot was higher than my other one, like I'm standing on something. But it wasn't just something, it was a hand my leg was on, it was someone.