Sign Up Sheets

I'm very sorry that I haven't written in a few days. I've been having a lot of things happen with my health recently, so I wasn't writing as consistently, but I'm trying. Thank you, and sorry again. Enjoy the chapter! -Isla

______

The students from flat 706 gathered around the bulletin board, talking amongst  themselves. The school had posted sign-up sheets and meeting notices for sports teams, clubs and such. Carol had messaged them earlier that week telling them she wanted to join clubs, as to blend in. St Vista school was very competitive when it came to practically anything they could win. They had made a lot of pro athletes, Broadway singers, mathematicians and politicians, so needless to say the competition was strong. 

"Ohhhh, a robotics club!" Tony said, scribbling his name in his characteristically messy handwriting. "I'l be great at that!"

"Sign up for rugby, Thor. I have a feeling you might be good at it." Bruce told the asgardian, handing him a blue ink ballpoint pen.

"Wait they have archery? Yes!!!" Clint celebrated. He knew their had to be something for him to do. 

Stephen looked around. There wouldn't happen to be a Mystic arts club, would there. He thought, disappointingly. He liked math, but not competition, so mathletes was out. He couldn't get into a heated argument without becoming a hot mess, no matter how structured his points, so scratch debaters. He hated singing, cooking, had no interest whatsoever in journalism, and he wasn't a team athlete. what was he going to chose?

"Having some trouble?" Tony could see the overwhelmed look on Stephens face, and he wanted to help.

"I... I can't chose. I'm not good at any of these things." He sighed.

"just go with what makes sense with what you want your future career to be, other than hero, of course." Tony smiled."I want to be an inventor and engineer, so I chose robotics. What do you want to be?" 

"I was going to be a neurosurgeon, but I'm not all that great with precision now." The wizard told Tony, showing him his shaking hands.

"Well then, what did you do at Kamar-Taj? You know, before you came to Fury's tower."

"I studied a lot, but that's not a club." Stephen joked. "I read, played, Wong and I would practice combat training-" He had barely finished listing things when Tony spun around, back to the bulletin board. 

"There." he pointed excitedly. "Martial arts. it will be just like what you and Wong used to do, but without magic." The boy lowered his voice so as a group of grade twelve students wouldn't hear him.  

Stephen beamed. "Thank you, Tony. I would have never thought of that." He smiled at his dorm-mate, his cheeks a little flushed. Tony looked back  at him with a smile. They just stood there, awkwardly for a few seconds.

"I'm signing up for science!"Bruce interrupted.

"I hope its advanced enough for you." Tony teased. Bruce laughed.

______