Stalker

Tony and Stephen were sitting outside together at lunch, catching up. It was Friday, so they had no classes together, so the two had a fair amount to talk about. 

"How did you do on the calculus quiz?" Stephen asked, swallowing a bite of the marmalade toast he was having.

"It was easy." 

Stephen noticed that Tony seemed a bit out of it, and he grew concerned.

"Have you been getting any sleep?" Stephen looked at across at Tony.

"I don't need to sleep." Tony scoffed.

"Tony, everyone does. Look at yourself, you're a bit of a mess." Stephen tilted his head slightly in worry. 

"Wow, thanks. Love you too." Tony picked at the grass around where he sat.

"No, I'm serious Tony. This isn't healthy."

"Wait, Stephen, look." Tony gestured towards a clearing of forest way behind Stephen.

"Don't change the subje-"

"No, someone is watching us." 

Stephen glanced over his shoulder. He could just make out the figure of a small girl with auburn hair.

"Mia." He sighed. "She's been following me and the others for a while now. I don't know what she wants."

Tony squinted a bit. It was indeed mia, now that he looked a bit harder.

"Let's go see why she won't leave us alone, shall we?" Tony hopped up, clapping his hands together.

 Stephen scrambled to catch up with Tony. They walked down the small hill to the clearing where they found Mia, who was pretending like she hadn't just been staring at them.

"Why are you following us?" Tony's voice was irritable.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why would I be following you of all people? I have better things to do with my life." Mia's shrill voice had turned defensive.

"We've seen you, Mia. All of us from the flat have noticed you." Stephen told her sheepishly. He wasn't as comfortable as Tony during a confrontation. 

"We have the same classes." Mia turned away and started to flee.

"Oh no, you don't." Tony quickly followed suit, pulling Stephen along with him.

"Tell us why you're spying on us. ARE YOU WITH HYDRA?" Tony was yelling now, and it was causing attention. Stephen flicked him, shutting him up temporarily.

"Look, I don't want to fight. Just tell me what you're doing watching us? That's all I ask." Stephen was making sure to keep his voice calm. Unfortunately, Mia didn't respond to Stephens warm tone.

"You weirdos think I care about you? Pathetic little bastards." She snapped at Tony and Stephen.

Suddenly, Natasha walked into the clearing. She was supposed to meet the two for lunch outside by the doors, and when they weren't there, she went searching. It wasn't that hard to find them, Tony's voice carried when he yelled.

"Listen here you poor excuse for a child. You think you can get away with anything since your family has money. But guess what? In the real world, being a stalking little bitch is commonly frowned upon. Stephen tried to be civil, and you ignored him. Now leave us alone." Her voice was cold and demanding, and it made Mias' face run pale. She quickly scampered off.

Natasha span around to Tony. "What are you thinking, yelling about campus about HYDRA?"

Tony stared at the ground, kicking at a rock.

"It's okay, Natasha. No one here knows what it is. Let's just get to class before the bell rings.

______