Tea and Kind Words

"I'm here, I'm queer, and y'all have nothing to fear!" Tony exclaimed as he entered the common room. Ever since he and Stephen came out at the formal, Tony had taken every chance he could to make a gay joke. 

Although the rest of the flat never really minded this in the past, today they all looked at him with disdain. Tony was confused as Bruce pulled him back into the hall.

"Do you not remember what day it is?" He asked quietly.

Tony thought back for a second. A look of realization and horror came across his face.

"Shit. Is it really already?" Tony remembered.

"Unfortunately, yes. The second anniversary of Pietros' death."

Tony peeked around the corner. On the couch sat Wanda, her head pressed against her knees. Natasha sat beside her with a comforting arm around her. Across from them, Clint sat with his hands over his mouth.

"I can't believe I forgot." Tony looked at the floor.

Tony and Bruce watched as Stephen, followed by the cloak of levitation, brought everyone tea. He kneeled down beside Wanda and said something. (Tony and Bruce could not make it out, they were too far.) Which seemed to make her uncurl a bitt.

"How is he so good at comforting people? He always seems to know exactly what to say and do." Tony sighed.

______

Wanda and Clint had taken the day off classes to go visit Furys' tower, where a small memorial was being held. However, everyone else had to go to class as normal. It was a rough day for everyone. 

Lunch was a quiet, solemn occasion. The other students noticed too. Thor was less cheery, Tony less quick-witted, and Natasha less intimidating. 

"Hey, are you guys okay? Where's Clint?" A girl with a french accent and long black braids asked them. Bruce recognized her as Sara, Clint's friend.

"H-he and Wanda are out," Bruce told her, a badly hidden quiver lacing his words.

"Oh, well. You can come to sit with my girlfriend and me if you want. You all seem a bit down."

"Thanks for the offer, but we're okay." Natasha waved her off, her voice monotone.

_____

It was late at night. Clint and Wanda had already returned. Stephen had finally convinced Tony to stop working on his suit and to come to bed. 

"But I'm not tired," Tony whined as he crawled under the duvet.

"Well, I am and seeing as I'm taller, my vote counts more," Stephen said, closing his eyes.

Tony scoffed. "Well, how dare you."

"Just shut up and sleep. Today has been emotionally exhausting."

"Yeah. I hated seeing Wanda like that. I really miss Quicksilver."

"I never met him, but I heard that he and Wanda where inseparable." Stephen arrived about eight months after it happened.

"Yeah. It was our first real mission with Fury. As a team. Steve helped us out." Tony remembered.

"Well, of course Steve helped. He's part of the Avengers with you."

"It's a bit weird, though. Were all barely old enough to drive, and this 70-year-old dude is bossing us around."

"When you put it that way, it is kinda weird," Stephen admitted.

Tony gave Stephen a goodnight kiss and turned off the lamp. 

______