22 Fouettes

Tony had given up trying to learn ballet after he tried to copy Stephen and nearly snapped his Achilles. He decided that it was best for dance to be something to watch, not participate in. And boy did he love watching Stephen.

Stephen didn't mind the audience when he practiced, as long as it was only Tony. Stephen was a bit shy about his hobby ever since a few of his friends at Kamar-taj teased him after finding his point shoes.

"Dammit."

"What's wrong Stephen?" Tony asked. "That looked good to me."

"I can't seem to get more than 22 fouette turns. I just keep losing my balance." He sighed. Stephen's worst fear in everything was that he would stop improving. It made him anxious that hadn't been able to beat his record in a while.

"You'll get it eventually. We should get going, or Bruce will be wondering where we are." Tony gave the dancer an embrace of encouragement.

"Thanks."

_____

A huge special thanks to TheOneWhereIFallDown for being my consulting ballet expert. I'd be lost without you. You're the greatest best friend.

This is just a last mini-chapter before I go to Quebec. I know a lot of you like ballet Stephen, so the topic will be making a comeback. But I really need to stop stalling and get on with the plot.

-Cranberry (Isla)