On the Night Table

Stephen closed his locker and headed to lunch. He was absolutely starving. Tony had forgotten to set the time for daylight savings (even though Stephen reminded him 20 times.) and he had woken up late and had to skip breakfast. When he got to the cafeteria, everyone else was already there, for they had classes on the same floor as the lunchroom. Stephen grabbed a salad wrap and sat down next to Tony.

 While everyone else at his table was talking about something else, Loki couldn't help but get distracted by the rest of the students. He had a fondness for people watching. Some might call it being judgy or snoopy, but Loki liked to just to call it curiosity. The grade tens gossiping about the science teacher's pregnancy, the elevens groaning over the test this morning, such trivial Midgardian interests they had. 

______

It was late at night, and yet Tony and Stephen were still awake. Though Stephen was tired, he liked to make sure Tony actually fell asleep. He went to quietly make a sandwich. That would keep him busy enough to stay awake. Quietly as he could, Stephen headed to the kitchen. It was so late, almost none of the opposite windows were lit. In fact only two. Stephen recognized one as the flat Sara, Clint's friend, slept in. You could see the silhouette of a person, backlit by the glow of the room. This made Stephen wonder who else would be up at this hour? However, he was too tired to get invested in this, so he just took his sandwich back to his dorm.

Tony was asleep at the desk, hunched over a piece of his suit that he had sspend hours working on that day. Stephen smiled. Finally. He gently moved the project out from under Tony, knowing how mad he would be if it got hurt. He put one of the extra quilts around Tony's shoulders and flicked off the lamp. With a soft kiss goodnight, Stephen felt assured in the fact that he could finally sleep.