The Formal Pt.2

Stephen and Tony were exploring their campus gardens under the moonlight. Even though they had been enrolled at this school for months now, they had never really checked out the grounds. 

"Wow, the moon is bright tonight." Tony noticed, his hand swinging with Stephens'.

"It's finally starting to clear up at night, luckily." Stephen nodded. 

"Yeah its been raining for too long, it's now actually starting to resemble spring." Tony agreed.

The two sat down on the memorial bench on the side of the gravel path. Stephen read the plaque on the back of the bench.

"Damn, a drunk driver hit and run. He was a student here." Stephen told Tony, his voice solemn.

"My dad lost an old colleague to a hit and run."

"We should start walking back. We don't want the others to worry about us. Also, if we caused a fuss from being gone, Natasha will have our throats." Stephen said, getting up. He offered a hand to Tony.

When they had reached the main path, the came up to a group of students. As the group came closer to them, Tony noticed the distinctly sour smell of weed. He pulled Stephen closer to him.

Once the students passed, Tony finally breathed.

"God I hate the smell."

Stephen looked at him weirdly. "Of what?"

"You're too pure for this world, Stephen. How do you not know what weed smells like? Practically all the older kids smoke it." Tony sighed.

"Really? But that's really bad! Your brain doesn't stop developing until your twenty-five."

"You think that stops them?" Tony shook his head. "Also, why on earth do you know that?"

______

"Do you guys want to grab dinner on the way back to the dorm complex?" Clint asked as they all crammed back into the car.

"You did nothing but hang out by the snacks. How are you still hungry?"Bruce rolled his eyes. 

Clint just shrugged playfully. 

"We're going to pass Tim Hortons anyway, why not?" Natasha offered.

They pulled into the drive-through behind a large blue minivan and sorted out who was having what.

"'I'll have a farmers breakfast wrap," Tony said from the back seat.

"Tony, it's almost eleven at night. Get something else." Wanda told him.

"That's what all day breakfast is for!" Tony countered. "I want a breakfast wrap, and you cannot stop me!"

"Stop screaming. You can have a breakfast wrap if you just calm down." Bruce pulled up to the order window.

______

"You have sausage on your face," Stephen said, wiping the corner of Tony mouth with his thumb. 

"I'm sorry you had to miss so much of the formal because of me. I knew how excited you were to go." Tony apologized.

"I got to hang out with you alone, plus we explored the gardens. My night was a good as it could have ever been." Stephen smiled.

"Anyway it's late," he exclaimed, checking his watch. "We should get  to bed."

"It's only 12:30," Tony whined.

"Come on, I'm tired." Stephen countered, patting the sheets beside him.

Tony changed into pyjamas and joined Stephen. 

"Fuck. Your feet are like death." Stephen pulled his legs away from Tony, who just laughed.

______