Date Night

Light fluff warning from hereon out, including the rest of the book. Although, why are you reading a Marvel IronStrange fanfiction if you don't like fluff? -Isla

______

Tony could hardly wait for the end of that Wednesday. All of his classes felt like they took hours longer than they should have. At the time of the final bell, he was off, running down the halls like Quicksilver.

______

Stephen had no class final period, so he had spent the final hour fumbling about nervously, deciding what to wear, what to say, and practicing to ensure they wouldn't get lost in the mirror dimension. Albeit, Stephen thought getting forgotten, alone with only Tony? Doesn't sound half bad.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Stephen didn't hesitate in the slightest in rushing over to open it.  There Tony stood, looking up at the tall wizard, his face a bright red from a mixture of running and blushing. Stephen invited him inside with a motion of his hand.

"So, what do you want to do?" asked Tony, flustered.

"I kind of wanted to  show you something." Said Stephen with a smile, looking down at the floor, his cheeks a soft shade off pink. He  moved his hands and wrists in a fluid motion. He opened up a gold shining portal as Tony watched in awe. Stephen looked back at Tony.

"Coming?" He invited in the inventor, who stepped inside, still in amazement. Stephen followed.

Tony had overheard Stephen talk about the other dimensions, and had seen him practice opening and entering them, often not returning till late at night. But this was beyond what he could ever imagine. Everything was warped, shinning, turning and flipping. It all kept moving, reflecting, changing. He spotted the young sorcerer sitting on the edge of what looked like an abyss, but also seemed like a mountain at the same time. He sat down next to him.

"This is, just wow." He mumbled in absolute admiration for the level of study and practice he knew Stephen must have put in to be able to do this kind of magic.

"The ancient one took me here early on in my studies. I've been coming here alone ever since I safely could."He started, looking over at his roommate. "It's been nice, but I've always wanted someone to talk to while I'm in here. My cloak can listen, but it can't really respond." Stephen pointed to the relic on his back, which was fanned out despite there being no wind.

Tony was touched that Stephen would choose him to take to such a personal place. not Bruce, not Wanda, but him, and him alone. Because of this, he plucked up the courage to say something to wizard beside him.

"Stephen?" He started, his voice shaky with nervousness. 

"Yes?" Stephen turned, unsure of what to expect from Tony's uncharacteristically unsure tone of voice.

"I've been meaning to say this for awhile now and-" He paused for a breath. "I like you. A lot." He closed his eyes tight and turned away, holding his breath.

Stephen went silent with shock, though he had to say something to Tony, for fear of him thinking that the feelings weren't mutual. 

"I like you too!" He blurted out, his face going from pale to bright red, crimson around the ears.

The boys looked at each other, quietly. Finally, Stephen decided to say something.

"Sooo... Do you want to, go out sometime?" He asked, the quiver in his voice very apparent. Tony smiled. He leaned over, kissing Stephen's sharp cheekbone. The tall boy breathed in with surprise.

"Tony..." He giggled as the happiness of it all overtaking him, as the two fell back, hand in hand. Tony looked into Stephens eyes, realizing how they shifted from blue to pale green in places of the iris. Even in this infinite world of magic and mystery, Tony thought those eyes where the most spectacular thing in the whole universe. he kissed Stephen right on the lips. They tasted like lavender tea. He couldn't get enough, and neither could Stephen. It was amazing how addicted they had become to each other.

______