20

Jo

"She took a red eye out last night," Logan said, his arms folded over his chest.

I raked my hands through my hair. "Why the hell would she do that?"

"Because she wants to avoid you, Jo."

I looked over at Logan. "Not helping."

He leaned against my desk. "Can't Fred hold down fort while you fly to California?"

I folded my arms over my chest, cocking my head over. "Why are you so adamant about Lena and I getting back together?"

"Because I know what my sister deserves," he said, "and I know what she wants. And I know she doesn't want to live the rest of her life being cheated on every night."

Every time Jackson even grazed my thoughts I lost it.

I shook my head. "I can't leave Fred here by himself. We've got so much shit to do before we take our vacation weeks."

"Make yours California."

"It was going to be California anyways," I said, looking at him, "but now I don't know if that's an option."

"Lena will get over it, man," he said.

"Will she?" I asked, furrowing my brows together, "I told her I love her, that's not very easy to just get over."

"I think she already knew," he said.

"Mr. King-"

Amanda stopped in her tracks when she saw Logan and I standing at my desk.

"I-I'm sorry," she quietly said, "y-you asked for these from the copier."

"Thanks, Amanda," I said. She walked over to my desk, holding Logan's attention.

She bit down on her bottom lip and shot him a glance. "Call me if you need me."

Logan's eyes followed her, a small smile on his face. "She's cute."

I subtly raised my eyebrows, turning away from him.

Yeah, she sure is.

"Oh, you think so, too," he said, "you hired her in so you could have a view."

I chuckled, shaking my head as I sat down.

"Something's gone down between you two."

"I fucked her," I said, looking up at him.

He lifted an eyebrow, a smirk pulling at his lips. "Yeah?"

"Her husband was cheating," I said, shaking my head, "not that it makes it right, or anything, but."

"What is it with you and women that are being cheated on?" He asked, "you goddamn homewrecker of already wrecked homes."

I chuckled, making him sit on the edge of my desk.

"I thought you were supposed to stay away from your assistants?" Logan asked, "romantically, at least."

"That wasn't romantic," I muttered.

"Okay, sexually," he said, "I thought the relationship was to remain strictly professional."

I looked up at him, my lips pursed together.

"You run things a little differently, huh," he said, smiling.

I stood up, walking over to my filing cabinet. "I think your sister's done with me."