21.

Dallon goes to his own room, about an hour after Stella has left. He was really considering calling Brendon, to tell him how he was feeling, but he really didn't want to fuck things up because that could mean that he would never see Brendon again.

He walks to his room, looking at his phone every few seconds because he wanted Brendon to text him.

It was stupid and Dallon hated that he was being as desperate as he was.

He had never ever felt like this before and now he was feeling as if he didn't have control over his emotions anymore.

He walks into his room and sits down on the bed, groaning and putting his phone off. He just puts it on the nightstand next to the bed and strips to his boxers before he gets into bed.

He looks at the ceiling for a while, trying to sort out his thoughts because it was all becoming too much.

He liked Brendon. That much was clear. But he didn't know if Brendon liked him back and that scared him. That was all that kept him from telling the younger about how he felt.

The only way to find out was by asking Brendon, though and he didn't want to do that.

There was no way that he would ever find out if Brendon liked him back, so he would just have to hope that the feelings would go away.

Dallon closes his eyes and turns on his side, trying to fall asleep.
---
Apparently, Dallon does fall asleep because when he opens his eyes again, there is sunlight pouring into the hotel room and there are footsteps in the hallway.

Dallon stretches and yawns a little before rubbing his eyes.

He just lays in bed for a while and closes his eyes again. He still had some time left before he had to get breakfast and he was still tired.

After a while, he gets out of bed and just takes a quick shower.

He just wanted to go home already, go out for dinner with Brendon, or just go to work and sit in his own office instead of having to sit in a conference room all day long.

Dallon gets dressed in one of his suits and grabs all his stuff before he walks to the hotel restaurant.

Stella is already sitting at one of the tables, her laptop in front of her and she seems to be working on something because she has a concentrated look on her face.

"Good morning, Stella," Dallon says and he sits down at the table, putting his bag and other things on the chair next to him.

"Oh, good morning, Dallon. How'd you sleep?" "Okay, I guess. What about you?" "I didn't sleep. I've been working on this new business model, for the French affiliate because that means that we can go home tomorrow." "Oh. I thought you wanted a break from your husband?"

Stella smiles and nods.

"I do. But you need to talk to Brendon. I'll just book a hotel in New York and stay there for the remaining week." "We're not just gonna leave because I have to talk to someone!" "Yes, we are." "We are not."

Dallon gets up from his seat and Stella looks at him.

"Dallon, I have a whole solution for what's going on with the affiliate, there is no reason to stay here." "I don't want to talk to Brendon. He's gonna leave. I'll get over this, okay?"

Stella sighs and Dallon walks away, to the buffet.

When he gets back, with nothing more than just an apple, Stella doesn't say anything and she just continues working on her laptop.

Dallon eats his apple in silence, finally putting his phone on again and he just reads his mails for a while.

He didn't want to talk to Stella about Brendon anymore because she just didn't understand.

"Mr. Weekes, let's go. We still have another meeting." "Yeah."
---
After the meeting, Dallon goes to the hotel bar and orders a gin and tonic.

He decides to call Brendon, just to ask how he's doing.

He dials the number and waits for Brendon to pick up.

"Hey, Dall! How are you?" Brendon asks, as he picks up and Dallon smiles at hearing his voice.

"Hey, I'm alright. A little stressed, but I'm good. How are you?" "I'm okay. I honestly kinda miss you..." "I miss you too."

They are both silent for a few seconds before Dallon starts talking again.

"I wish you could've come along to France..." He says, in a soft voice and he holds his breath, as he waits for Brendon to react.

"I'm definitely coming along to whatever business thing you have next because I really miss you. And I know I said that last night when I was drunk, but I meant it." "I miss you too."

Dallon can feel tears start to well up in his eyes, but he doesn't know why.

He quickly wipes them away and clears his throat.

"Well, okay... Uhh... I might be able to get back to New York a little sooner than expected." "Really? That's amazing!"

Dallon smiles at how happy Brendon sounds and his heart flutters in his chest.

"Do you have any restaurants you'd want to go to, once I get back? I promised you an amazing date." "Not yet, but I'll find something. I mean, I'd honestly be happy with take-out and a movie too..." "We'll do whatever you want, Bren. It's your date." "I'll think about it."

Stella sits down at the bar and Dallon smiles at her.

"Hey, I've got to go now, I'll maybe call you later, okay?" "Yeah! I'll see you, Dall." "Bye."

Dallon puts his phone away and turns to Stella.

"I want to apologize for this morning. I think it might be a good idea if we use your business model. I read it and it's really good." "It's alright. And let's do that. I'll try and get it completely done by tomorrow." "Thank you. I know that I really don't say this a lot, but I really appreciate you. I don't think that I would be able to manage everything if I didn't have such an amazing assistant like you."

Stella smiles and blushes a little.

"Thank you. I'm glad to have you as my boss."