22.

Brendon feels so happy after Dallon has called him and he just smiles, as he goes on about his day.

Dallon said that he missed him too and he was coming back to New York earlier than expected!

Brendon feels happy, but that is until he realizes that he was gonna talk to Ryan, today.

He just sighs and rolls his eyes, as he grabs his phone again and looks at the time.

He was supposed to be at a cafe on the other side of town in an hour and a half, so he really had to go now.

Nicole was supposed to meet him there and Sarah says she was almost at his place, so he grabs his jacket and his phone and goes down to the lobby of his building, just waiting there for her to arrive.

When she does, they give each other a quick hug before walking outside and getting a cab.

"Are you doing okay?" Sarah asks and Brendon just nods. He was feeling a little nervous, but that was normal. He was gonna see his ex, someone who assaulted him, soon, so of course, he was nervous.

"Dude, if you don't want to talk to him, you don't have to. You know that, right?" "Yeah, but I do want to talk to him because I don't want this to get any bigger than it already is. And Ryan is not a bad guy, I'm sure that he regrets doing it." "Yeah, and how would that explain the fact that he sent you all those roses?" "I don't know. We'll find out, I guess."

Brendon just nods and looks at his phone. He'd told Dallon about meeting with Ryan and at first, Dallon had been against it, still angry at Ryan for doing what he'd done. But then Brendon had told him that he just wanted to make things okay again and Dallon had told him that it was his choice, but that he would sue Ryan if he did anything.

Brendon thought it was sweet that Dallon was so concerned about him because that made him feel like Dallon actually cared.

"I don't even really know what I'm gonna say to Ryan if I'm honest," Brendon says and he looks out of the window of the car.

"Oh, I have a few things that I would want to say to that son of a bitch." "Calm down, Sarah. You and Nicole are there so you can help me when things get out of hand." "Yeah, you're right. But if he starts being super rude, I'm still gonna tell him whatever I want." "Sure."

They just sit in silence for a while, until the taxi stops and the driver tells them there. 

Brendon pays the driver and tells him to keep the change before he gets out of the car.

Nicole is standing in front of the place where they were gonna meet Ryan and when she sees Brendon and Sarah, she walks up to them.

"Hey, how are you guys doing?" She asks and she gives them both a hug.

"I'm good," Sarah says and she smiles.

"And you, Brendon?" "Could be better... I'm just feeling a little nervous because last time I saw Ryan, he literally pushed me against a fridge and kissed me..." "You'll be okay, Bren. Sarah and I are here for you." "Thanks for coming."

They go into the restaurant and see that Ryan is already sitting at one of the tables in the back. 

Brendon walks up to him,  with Sarah and Nicole behind him. Ryan looks up and starts to get up, but just sits down again as he sees some sort of fear flash over Brendon's face.

"I'm sorry," Ryan just says, as Brendon sits down and Nicole and Sarah both scoff at the same time.

 Brendon turns to them. "How about you guys sit down at another table. I'll call you if I need help."

When Sarah and Nicole have left, Brendon turns to Ryan and takes a deep breath.

"Why would you do something like that? I know we were a couple once, but that doesn't give you the right to treat me the way you did." "I know. I really know. I feel so incredibly guilty. When I did it, I was drunk and I was angry that you had moved on and I just couldn't... I am so fucking stupid and I am so, so sorry..."

Brendon just stays quiet and he looks at Ryan. He seemed genuine.

"I know I fucked things up. I fucking assaulted you and I feel so terrible. I was drunk and seeing you with Dallon made me angry and jealous... And I understand if you never wanna see me again and that you hate me. You've got all the rights to, but please... Can you just try to forgive me?" "It might take a while..."

Ryan nods vigorously and he looks hopeful. 

Brendon knows that he's not a bad guy, he just made a wrong decision and talking to Ryan, right now, actually helped him.

"Just don't ever fucking do something like that again. I will call the police." "I won't, I swear." "Alright. I'll try and forgive you. But I don't want to see you, for at least a few months because I'm still trying to get over it."

Ryan nods again.

"Yeah, of course. Just know that I'm really sorry." "I know that, by now."

Ryan starts to get up.

"I'll go now, then." "Yeah. See ya around, sometime." "Bye."

Ryan walks away and Nicole and Sarah immediately come up to Brendon's table.

"And?" "I'm trying to forgive him." "What the fuck?" "He's not a bad person, Sarah. You know that too. And what he did was wrong and I want to hate him for it, but he didn't mean it and I know that. Holding grudges isn't gonna get me anywhere, so I'd rather try and forgive."