79.

"Why do I feel like you came here just because you thought I couldn't handle this?" Dallon asks, as Stella comes back into the kitchen and Stella smiles a little.

"Well, that was part of the reason I came here. I was worried about Brendon, but also about you. Because you told me you'd never been in a relationship before and I didn't know if you'd ever taken care of someone when they were sick. I mean, I know that you just went into work if you were sick to the point where you were even throwing up," Stella says before she takes a sip of her tea and Dallon smiles a little.

"I was kind off freaking out if I'm honest. Brendon was shaking and crying and he just kept throwing up... I really didn't know what to do anymore."

Stella nods and takes another sip of her tea.

"Well, now he's asleep, so that gives you some more rest. Do you want me to leave?" Stella asks and Dallon shakes his head.

"If you don't have anywhere to go, you really don't have to leave, if you don't want to," Dallon answers and Stella smiles at him.

"Alright. There is something I wanted to ask, actually."

Dallon looks at the blonde woman and smiles a little.

"What is it?" "Well... I just wanted to make sure that you know that me leaving is nothing personal. It's just that, after my divorce, I really need something different, you know? I need something new and I feel like getting a new job and everything is gonna help me," Stella explains and Dallon looks at his coffee cup.

"Of course, I'm not taking this personal. I know that you would never do something like that, especially not if you don't have a reason to."

Stella nods and smiles a little.

"I'm glad that I really know that you aren't angry at me, now. Because I really wanna stay friends. I don't think I've ever really bonded with someone as naturally as with you."

Dallon can't help but smile at that and he looks at the kitchen counter.

"I've never really had any friends. I used to have one friend, in college, but that was about it. So, I would really never get angry at you for things like quitting your job because you want to do something else. Because I don't wanna ruin a friendship over something as dumb as that."

Stella frowns a little and just pats Dallon's shoulder.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," she says and Dallon shrugs.

"It's okay. You learn from that kind of stuff," Dallon says.

"You really do learn that you are the only person you can rely on," he adds and he smiles at Stella.

"I'm gonna check in on Brendon now," he says and Stella nods, watching as he walks into the bedroom.

Dallon just looks at his boyfriend for a few seconds, as he sits down on the edge of the bed and he just graces Brendon's cheek softly.

In all those years of being all alone, he had learned that he was the only one who he could trust, but then he'd met Brendon and things were better, all of a sudden. He had someone to care for and to love. He had someone to spoil and compliment and cherish.

Brendon slowly wakes up and looks up at Dallon, who just smiles at him.

"Hi..." The taller man mumbles and Brendon smiles a little.

"Hey, Dally..." "Did I wake you?"

Brendon shakes his head and just closes his eyes again.

"I love you," Dallon just mumbles and Brendon opens his eyes again.

"Are you okay?" He asks, with a slight frown on his face and Dallon nods.

"Yeah, I am. I was just talking about my past, with Stella and I really felt the need to just tell you I love you because you're the first person I've loved as much as I love you," he explains and Brendon pulls him into a hug.

"I love you too, Dall. I love you a lot," he says and Dallon smiles softly.

"That's good. I don't know what I'd do without you," he confesses and Brendon just kisses him again.

"Don't you worry about that. I'm never leaving your side," Brendon says and Dallon nods.

"Good. Because I wanna be with you for the rest of my life."

Random and bad, exactly what you expect from me.