76.

When Dallon gets home, that evening, Brendon is standing in the kitchen, whisking what seems to be cake batter and he smiles at his boyfriend as he walks in.

"Hey, Dall! How are you?" He asks and Dallon shrugs.

"I'm okay..." He says and Brendon frowns a little.

"Hey, are you sure?"

Dallon nods and wipes some of the batter from Brendon's cheek, with his thumb.

"It's just that Stella is leaving the company and that is just really weird, to me. Because she's been my assistant for a very long time now."

Brendon nods and continues whisking the batter.

"I'm very sorry, baby. But you'll find someone else who'll be an even better assistant, right?" "I hope so. It's just that I really had a connection with Stella, we worked very well together."

Brendon just listens to Dallon, as he pours the cake batter into a pan and Dallon just talks about his day for a while.

"What did you do today?" Dallon asks after a few minutes and Brendon leans against the counter.

"I brought my parents to the airport and then I went shopping. When I got home I just practiced some guitar and then I started on dinner and now I'm making a cake," Brendon says and he smiles at his boyfriend.

"That's nice, baby. How's the guitar playing going?"

Brendon starts smiling even more, making Dallon smile too.

"It's going really well, actually! I can already play a few chords!" Brendon says and he seems really proud, making Dallon smile more.

"That's great, I'm so proud of you," he says and Brendon blushes a little.

"Thanks..." He mumbles and Dallon smiles.

"What's for dinner?" He asks and Brendon opens the oven.

"I made mac and cheese because I wanted comfort food," he says, getting the mac and cheese out of the oven and Dallon smiles a little.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks and Brendon shakes his head.

"It's just my parents leaving again. It feels weird, you know?"

Dallon nods and watches as Brendon puts the mac and cheese on the table before he just pulls him into a hug.

"I'm very sorry, Bee," he says and Brendon looks up at him.

"Thank you, Dall. I love you," he answers and Dallon kisses him softly.

"Now, dinner is ready, so get your jacket off and get to the table," Brendon says, with a soft smile on his face and Dallon let's go of him.

"Alright, honey."

He gets his jacket off and walks into the hall, putting it on the coat rack before walking back to the kitchen table.

He sits down and puts some food on his plate, waiting for Brendon before taking a bite.

"That's a lot better than the mac and cheese my mom always used to make. You know, the Kraft one..." He says and Brendon giggles a little.

"It's because I made it with fresh ingredients," he says and Dallon smiles.

"It's really, really good," he says, making Brendon blush a little.

"Thanks. I really tried my best on it."
---
After dinner, Brendon just watches some tv, resting against Dallon, while his boyfriend is doing something on his laptop.

They're just sitting there, in comfortable silence, until Brendon looks up at Dallon.

"You should hire me as your new assistant, he jokes and Dallon smiles at him.

"Yeah, of course," he says, laughing a little and Brendon smiles.

"I mean, we're highly compatible," he continues and Dallon nods.

"Of course, we are. It's the absolute best solution," he says, still joking and Brendon smiles even more.

Dallon just continues working, after that and Brendon just goes back to watching TV, until Brendon starts to yawn and Dallon just closes his laptop.

"Come on, we're gonna go to bed," he says and Brendon nods.

"You gotta carry me though, though, I'm not walking," he says and Dallon just chuckles before he picks his boyfriend up with ease.

He just carries Brendon into the bedroom and puts him onto the bed.

"There," he says before he walks back into the living room to put off the TV and getting his laptop.

He walks back into the bedroom, where Brendon has already gotten his clothes off and is changing into one of Dallon's shirts, which he had stolen and now always used as his pajamas.

"Come to bed... I wanna cuddle!" Brendon says as he crawls under the covers and Dallon just slowly gets changed into his own pajamas.

"There, now we can cuddle," he says, as he lies under the covers with Brendon and just pulls him closer, kissing his cheek.

"Happy now?" He mumbles and Brendon nods.

"Yeah, I'm very happy."