Chapter 9

Mark

"Nick! I'm about to go home. You good cuz?" I said over the intercom in my cousin's office.

He called me immediately and told me he needed to tell me something real quick so I made my way to his office while loosening my tie. I was supposed to go home a hour ago, but he pays me good so I never trip.

"What's going on?" I said as I opened his door and looked him in the face. "Damn bruh, you look stressed the hell out."

"Close the door dog. I am stressed the hell out. Man the girl I was messing with on the side hit my line last weekend saying she was pregnant. Now she keep calling and texting saying she got an abortion. Every time I block her she creates a TextApp number. I don't understand what she want from me. I'd be nicer if she didn't lie about birth control and not having ovaries, but I'm done. My biggest fear is her finding my office and doing some crazy shit. I been avoiding the gym and all." Nick said spilling his heart like he'd been holding it in all day.

"Bruh, if Iman find out that's your ass. It doesn't get better than her and if you lose her then I'm gone hop down. Dummy." I said in all honesty. It's crazy how niggas will have a woman that other men would do anything for and still do them dirty.

"First of all, she not gone find out. Second of all, you couldn't touch my woman if you paid her. Bird brain. I just need to figure out what this girl wants and give it to her so she can be out of my life. I'll probably need your help." He said.

"You know I'm down with anything as long as we don't get locked up cuz. But I'm about to slide, you gone have to fight the thought demons on your own." I said as I walked outside.

I hopped in my car and called my girl Kayla, Iman's bestfriend. Damn it was going to be hard to talk to her without spilling the beans.