Chapter 16

Joanna

When Ms. J's boyfriend was proposing I couldn't see him which sucked. I was just happy that she was getting what she deserved. He was definitely a lucky man.

When he got up from his knees I thought I saw a ghost. I knew this man, in fact, I knew him WAY TOO WELL. It was Nick, the father of my recently aborted baby, and the no-good nigga who broke my heart!

I made it my business to make myself seen so I walked up right next to him and stared at him until he noticed me. I'm more than show he almost pissed all over himself when he looked into my face.

I acted as if I was congratulating him and pulled him into a hug.

"I don't know how, and I don't know when, but we're telling the truth. If you don't comply I'm ruining your family and your life. I'm only 17 dumbass. You are hurting one of the most beautiful and genuine people ever. How could you even think about proposing after the dirty shit that you've been doing? You are a sick bastard I swear" I whispered into his ear.

"I'm a lawyer. One of the most well connected, plugged in lawyers in the state as a matter of fact. You want to try to ruin me? Go ahead little bitch. I will go to your parents, I will hit up all my connects at the schools you have scholarships at, and Iman will no longer deal with you. See I have the upper hand in all areas. You were literally something to do while my woman was handling her business. You throw yourself at everyone. I saw you parading around that gym. Just can't believe I thought your conniving ass was telling the truth all that time." He said with an evil grin.

"A baby means I'm going to be in her life no matter what. Do what you please." He said walking off.

I tried to keep it together, but this was too much. The woman he was telling me about marrying about was the woman who saves my ass on a daily basis. He had to be penalized.