Chapter 12

Jo

"Finally!" I said to myself when I no longer heard Ms. Jones tell her boyfriend how deep he was or to "make it cry".

When she got home last night and had me to go get in bed I fell asleep for about a hour before I heard knocking and loud moans. I don't know who her man is, but he had her turned out.

It was about 8 in the morning when I heard them leave and as bad as I wanted to get up I couldn't. It would have been so weird to look them in the face after hearing all that.

Sunday

"Good morning, are my parents going to be at church today? I know they left for a mission a few days ago, but I'm not sure if they're back." I asked Ms. J.

"I think your Dad is ministering today, so yeah they're back. But you should be fine. Don't make yourself worried, because they'll see it on your face." She said while sitting breakfast in front of me.

After we finished our food, we got into her Challenger and drove to church. Ms. J seemed so perfect. She had great career, a great man, and a heart of gold.

When we got out of the car, a tall guy with tattoos everywhere said "Mani, how you gone tell me to be here at 10 and you late? Women, I tell you."

"You need Jesus more than me love. Brent this is my student Jo, Jo this is my childhood friend Brent. Now let's get in church. They don't start on time anyway." Ms. J said as she gracefully walked through the doors.

Church was round a hour and a half and I knew I'd have to face my parents, because Ms. J always runs her mouth to after church.

"Hey Daddy!" I said as my eyes lit up.

"Hey darling. You look beautiful. I missed you." He said.

"I missed you more! I'm coming home after school tomorrow, okay?" I said hoping he didn't say he'd pick me up tonight.

"That's cool baby. I love you and be good." He said.

WHEW, that was close.