Chapter 13

Iman

I woke up this morning feeling the same way I had been for the last few weeks, but I was about to get to the bottom of this. It was pretty warm outside so I threw on an off the shoulder, boho-chic, pink swing dress and a pair of gold thong sandals, and let my puffy hair flow free.

When I arrived to the doctor I was taken to the back immediately and the nurse told me to get changed out of my dress, take off my undergarments and put on a gown. That was weird to me, but she said that my symptoms required examines that would need me to only have on a hospital gown.

About 5 minutes after I'd undressed, my doctor knocked on the door and came in.

"Ms. Jones! How are you today? Can you explain to me what's been going on?" Dr. Smith said with all his overly-energic energy.

"I'm decent, I'll be better once I leave here hopefully. For about the last 3 weeks, I wake up groggy and tired like. I've also been very nauseous, but not much vomiting. Oh, and my face feels big" I said with a chuckle.

"Iman have you been sexually active? If so, what do you use for contraceptives?" Dr. Smith asked with a smile.

"Yes, yes I have. And honestly, I haven't used anything." I said in all truthfulness.

"Okay, well I need you to take this cup to the restroom and pee in it. When you're done, place in the slot in the wall and come back here. Your results will be ready in about 5 minutes after that." He instructed.

"So what is this test exactly? I hope not a pregnancy test, because I don't feel like that's the issue." I said

"Well if it comes back negative then we will cancel that out as an option, but baby, after 20 years of practicing, I'm sure you're about to be a Mommy." He said while patting my back.

This was not how I planned my life to flow. I'm not even married yet.