Chapter 22

Nick

Watching Iman walk up the stairs made me want to punch a hole in the wall. I can't believe lust ruined my life. She was beautiful inside and out and putting a baby in here enhanced it.

I sat downstairs for about 20 minutes before I decided to go up and see if my baby was up yet. When I opened her door she was laying there as beautiful as ever still sleeping. As I was closing her door I heard Iman say "What the hell you doing upstairs in my house?" as she peeked her head out of her door.

"My bad baby mama, I was checking on my kid." I said laughing.

"I'm not your damn baby mama, don't play with me. Take your ass back downstairs and don't wander around my house." She said smiling.

"Wait, let me see something." I said walking towards her door.

"Let you see what? I'm not dressed. You gone have to wait."

"Nothing in there I ain't seen before." I said as I brushed pass her.

She smacked her lips and just stood there. Naked as ever. Fine as ever.

"What? I'm about to kick you out. And stop looking at me like you want you some. Cause it's not happening." She said switching into the restroom.

"Come on baby, it's my birthday. Consider it a present. If I know you I know you haven't had any since the last time we did it." I said while cornering her and touching her chin.

"I don't care what today is, I barely even like you as a person. Go downstairs bruh. I'm just gonna wake Summer up, I'm ready for you to leave. I have things to do before my date tonight" She said with a great amount of aggravation on her face.

"Your date? Who in the hell are you going on a date with? You still my woman, you gone always be my woman." I said feeling regretful.

"Brent is taking me to dinner. Not that I have to tell you, but yeah. He's been super supportive, and I've decided to give him a chance." She said while sliding on a sundress.

"You know what, I'm gonna let you do you, so you can see that these niggas could never be me. I messed up, but I'm still in love with you." I said turning to walk downstairs.

I think I'm going to fall back for a while.

Brent

I pulled up at Iman's around 7 o'clock and nervousness came over me. For the last year I'd been spending a lot of time with her and allowing her time to heal. I decided to ask her out, because I'm sure I want to put a ring on her finger. I just need her to allow me to.

I went to knock on the door and she opened before I could.

"I'm not being a creep, I just heard you pull up so I came to open the door, so you wouldn't have to wait. Let me go slip my clothes on and I'll be ready."

"That's cool. I have to use the restroom anyway." I said.

When she was finally up the stairs I released a deep breath and went into the restroom to get myself together. I'd never been so nervous in my life.

After about 10 minutes of sitting on top of the toilet seat trying to gather my thoughts and plan my words correctly, I heard her call my name.

"Brent? You okay in there? I'm ready. Sorry if I took to long." She said chuckling.

I got myself together and took a quick look in the mirror noticing how good I looked. I'd put on a Burberry button down and left the top of the shirt open, a pair of slim fit black chino pants, and black loafers. Damn, I put myself together well.

I stepped out of the restroom and look to my right to see her backside. She'd turned around to change out her purse and I admired the view while I could.

Her hair was curled and hanging down her back, she had on pink wide leg pants that were fitted in all the right areas and leopard off the shoulder top with a little cleavage showing. She was so perfect.

"I'm ready when you are. After you sweetheart." I said allowing her to walk out the door first.

When we hopped into the car I shot a text to my assistant to let her know that we were on the way. I had set up a private dinner for Iman on the rooftop of The W Midtown.

"Do you trust me enough to let me blindfold you?" I asked looking out of the corner of my eye.

"Of course. I trusted you enough to be in the delivery room when I had my child, why wouldn't I?" She said shrugging.

I pulled over about 5 minutes from the location and blindfolded her.

When we arrived, valet made sure not to make mention of where we were and helped me escort her inside. We made it in and got onto the elevator. After a bunch of dinging, we made it to the rooftop and when I opened the doors it was just as perfect as I imagined.

Lanterns and candles lit the place up perfectly. Our waiter stood there with a bottle of her favorite wine in hand. One of the most famous chefs in Atlanta stood next to him and a violinist played softly in the background.

I looked over to see her reaction and she stood there with tears cascading her face, but the blank look under the tears had me scared to ask about her reaction.

"What do you think babe?" I asked nervously.

"I think that... I don't know what to think. No one has ever done anything like this for me. Do I deserve this? I don't even know how to put how thankful I am for this into words... Brent, I love you." She said fighting her cry.

"Wow. I'm glad you said it, because I've been dying to... I love you too girl." I said with relief.